CHAPTER 18

Jaemin woke up the next day feeling 5x better than yesterday. It still slightly hurt to adjust to the bright light, and his head still hurt but definitely not as bad as the day before. He could tell that his fever did go down quite a bit though.
Jaemin looked around to see if he could find his phone, but then it hit him that he doesn't have a phone anymore. Jaemin sighed out of boredom, but thank god there was a TV in the room.
He carefully sat up and propped himself comfortably against the back of the bed and grabbed the remote that was nearby. Jaemin turned on the TV and the news channel popped up. There wasn't anything really interesting, and he couldn't understand anything since it was all in Korean. This made the situation even worse because how is he suppose to entertain himself when he doesn't have his phone nor can understand what's going on?
Jaemin was able to read a clock that was propped on the wall. It read 9AM.
To kill time, he would sleep, but he has slept so much that he didn't feel tired. He just ached.
Jaemin wondered if he could go outside his room to find food or something, but if he was lost, he wouldn't be able to ask anyone anything.
He was so frustrated at himself that he didn't even notice anyone walked in the room.

"Hello." A nurse said in Korean.

At least Jaemin actually knew what that meant. He didn't say anything back, but just waved.
The lady tried to communicate with Jaemin by doing hand movements and everything, asking if he was doing alright and if he was hungry.
Jaemin didn't notice before, but he was real hungry.
The nurse went out to retrieve some food for Jaemin.
When the door opened, Jaemin expected to see the same nurse, but it was actually Jeno! And he had food!

"Hi Jaemin, are you doing better?" Jeno asked and set the food carefully on Jaemin's lap.

"Yes, much better." Jaemin began digging into the food. It wasn't anything he was familiar with, but at least it tasted good.

"That's great. I think about after a week, they'll let you out of the hospital. We're unsure what to do with the survivors, but we'll all think of something soon. They're thinking about letting professional individuals who speak both Korean and Japanese teach you guys to speak Korean and let you settle here until everything in Japan in completely settled. It will unfortunately take years, but you can choose to stay here and start a new life."

"Oh really? That's cool. Am I able to still be with you?" Jaemin managed to finish his plate of food within a few minutes.

"Yes, I think so. I'm sure they're going to set you up with someone. I'd love to help you, but i'm a pretty busy person so i don't have much time to do those sorts of things."

Jaemin nodded, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh, are you done with your food?" Jeno asked.

"Yes. It was very good. Thank you." Jaemin said and Jeno took the plate.

"I'll be back in a second." Jeno said and walked out the room to find someone who can bring the dishes back to the cafeteria.

When Jeno came back, he was surprised to see a crying Jaemin. He ran up to Jaemin and asked what was wrong.

"I-I just had t-the sudden r-realization t-that i probably do-don't have any f-family members that i k-knew left ali-alive.."

Jeno was really bad at comforting people, but he tried his best. "I know it's really hard for you, let's just hope there's at least somebody. I'll be here for you."

Jaemin nodded, as he continued to cry over the loss of so many people.