CHAPTER 30

Jaemin woke up an hour before he had to go to the hospital.

Today's the day Jaemin. He told himself and sat up in bed.

He took a few deep breathes before getting ready.
Of course, before he left his apartment, he couldn't forget the teddy bear and note.
The day had finally come, and he was nervous as fuck. Who wouldn't be, knowing when your life is going to be over? There was no way Jaemin could back away from this though, he had to push through his emotions.

Jaemin arrived at the hospital and walked in. He already felt the sweat break through his skin, but he kept calm and went up to the front desk to check in.
The woman at the front desk ordered the doctors who were going to take care of Jaemin to come up to the front to take him where he was suppose to be.
He gripped the teddy bear hard as he waited.

_

"Are you ready Jaemin?"

Jaemin nodded and closed his eyes.

"We would all like to thank you for saving a life, may we all remember you." One of the doctors said.

About 20 before Jaemin was put to sleep on a hospital bed, he told the doctors to give his farewell note to Jeno once he was feeling better. He also told them not to tell him about himself yet, because he doesn't wanna risk Jeno getting any more hurt. He doesn't know how Jeno would react to the situation. He could either be calm about it, or go crazy over the fact that his best friend died because of him.

This is it.. This is the end of me. I'll be gone from this world forever. Never to come back. Farewell to my friends that I have met in Korea. Now I will be with my parents.. My best friends.. Everyone i loved before the tsunami hit. Hopefully one day, i'll be with Jeno again in the afterlife. I just have to wait and be patient till the day comes. Farewell for now, Jeno.

_

One week later

The transplant was successful. Jeno would be back to living his normal self in a few weeks. A few days after Jaemin passed away, they buried him in a graveyard not to far away from the hospital.
A few of his friends attended his funeral. It left many people around him sad, but also happy that he would live a good afterlife.
Of course, Jeno had no idea Jaemin was gone. A few times he asked where Jaemin was, but they just told him that he was very sick so he could not visit Jeno.

The doctors felt Jeno was not well enough yet to receive the farewell note from Jaemin, so they waited another week until Jeno's wounds were healing well. They couldn't risk him going crazy and reopen his wounds accidentally.

_

Jeno heard a knock in the door. "Come in."

"Hello, Jeno. How are you feeling?" A nurse popped into the room.

"I'm doing fine."

"That's good to hear. I have a gift and note for you, brought to you by.. Jaemin." She walked over to Jeno and handed over the teddy bear.

"Oh, thank you." Jeno smiled.

"I'll be off now. If you need anything, you know what to do."

Jeno nodded before the nurse left. She didn't actually leave though, the doctors ordered her to stay near the room in case his reaction is too out of control.

Jeno took the card out of the envelope before reading it. But it was nothing like he had expected.
Tears started to drop from his eyes. He felt stupid for not realizing it before. It was so obvious that before he surgery, Jaemin always seemed uneasy.
But the few words that caught his eyes, was the love confession from Jaemin.

"Jaemin liked me this whole time..? But.."

Jeno liked Jaemin too. A lot. He didn't want to ruin their friendship, so he always kept it inside.

"Why..? Why!? WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!" Jeno screamed as a river of tears flowed down his face.

He started screaming in anger and sadness.
The nurse came in immediately and tried to calm his down.

"Jeno! Calm down! Please!"

"WHY DID YOU ALL LIE TO ME? Y-you said he was sick.." Jeno felt like ripping his hair out.

"We couldn't tell you yet. It was a risk to your health. We're sorry Jeno. Now, please calm down."

"NO! I cant calm down! How do you fucking expect me to calm down when i just lost my best friend! And the person i loved the most! WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS STOP HIM? YOU ALL KNEW WE WERE CLOSE!"

A few doctors started coming in from the commotion.

"Jeno! Please calm down! We're sorry about your situation, but there's nothing we can do now!"

"ARRGHHH! I hate all of you! This could've been avoided.." Jeno said before he passed out from shock.

I'm sorry Jeno.

I'm sorry.