CHAPTER 19

The past few days, it seemed like Jaemin had completely changed. The pain and realization struck him like lightning. It didn't affect him as much before, because so many things were happening at one time. He realized that most likely all his best friends that he has known for at least half his life were gone. Just like that. And his family too. Gone just like that.
He had so much time on his hands, and it terrified him to think about what happened.
He felt so lonely. Nobody was there for him anymore. Nobody he knew was even alive. He doubts   even 1 person he knows is still alive.
He was living on the outside, but on the inside, he felt dead. He felt like there was no reason to live if there was nobody to guide him, nobody to love him, and nobody to talk to.
All he had was Jeno, but he was just a doctor. He's glad to have Jeno, but it's not the same.
He spent hours laying in bed, with no where to go. Sure, he would get help from people, but his whole life is basically gone. He wishes he could go back home, where everything was perfect the way it was. But, there is no home. It's not perfect anymore. It was too good to be true.

There was a knock at the door. Jaemin sat up from his laying position and turned his attention towards the door. It was Jeno.

"Hey Jaemin. How are you doing?" Jeno asked.

Jeno knows that Jaemin hasn't been doing well mentally. The least he could do was keep his company. He assumed he was the only one he had anyways.

"Okay." Jaemin replied and ruffled his hair.

Jaemin looked awful. He wasn't that ill anymore, but his whole appearance was painful to look at. He looked like a zombie who crawled out of a grave. It might sound harsh, which it is, but it's the best way he could've described him.

"Are you hungry? Do you need anything?" Jeno asked and brought a chair over to sit next to the bed.

"I'm fine."

Jeno nodded and held his hand out.

"What?" Jaemin asked in a confused voice.

"Give me your hand."

Jaemin hesitated but reached forward and put his hand on top of Jeno's.
Jeno held Jaemin's hand in a firm but calming way.

"I know you've been going through so much stuff, but i want to let you know that i'll be here for you. I know you're lonely, and i'm trying my best to keep you company. You're a very sweet boy, and I know you're strong enough to keep moving. Life may be hard and unfair, but there are great aspects of living. I'll help guide you along to a better future. A better life." Jeno paused and layered his other hand on top of Jaemin's, "You'll stay with me right? Will you be here with me too? I get lonely all the time. I live far away from my friends and family, and i don't have anyone to socialize with out of work. I'd love for you to be by my side."

Jaemin lowkey got hella teary. Jeno's words really hit him. He's never felt this way before. He has always liked girls... But why is it suddenly so different with Jeno? Maybe he's just confused..

"Thank you Jeno. I'll be with you, in your heart, wherever."

"So you won't leave me?"

"Jeno," Jaemin chuckled, "theres no where for me to go!"

"Yeah.. Right. Sorry." Jeno smiled at Jaemin.

Jaemin really never noticed how precious Jeno's smile was. It gave him butterflies in his stomach and gave him happiness.
Maybe Jeno is all he needs to move on and be happy.

"Do you promise to never leave me?" Jeno asked.

"Promise."