CHAPTER 27

After an hour, Jaemin came back to the hospital and sat on a bench outside of Jeno's hospital room. He didn't know whether they were done treating Jeno, but he decided to wait for a bit anyways.
After 20 minutes, a few doctors came out. Another doctor appeared from the other side of the hallway, and asked one of the doctors about Jeno. Jaemin decided to eavesdrop on their conversation. It was easy since they were standing just a few feet away from him.

"There are good news and bad news."

"What's the good news?"

"We got rid of pretty much all the poison we can, to the point where it won't affect him anymore."

"And the bad news?"

"It got to his heart, lungs, and kidneys before we could extract everything."

"How bad is it?"

"Luckily, it's not too bad, but.."

"But?"

"We've estimated the amount of time before the organs wear out and they can't work any further. The expected time is 1 month."

Jaemin's heart dropped. One month!!?? He tried his hardest to not show any reactions, because he didn't want to seem suspicious. However, on the inside, he felt like his life was over. A world without.. Jeno?

"Oh dear.. How are we going to find organ donors in a month!? There's almost no way.. There's already people on the list who have been waiting for years."

"I know, and that's the problem. He's one of our greatest helpers, and people love him."

"Maybe it's a good thing that people love him so much. People will donate their kidneys, but there's almost no way to get a heart and lungs on time."

Thoughts came running into Jaemin's head. It almost felt like time just stopped.
Could Jaemin possibly save Jeno's life? But... that would mean he would lose his. Your heart and lungs are essential to living a life. If he donates his, that means he would no longer live to see another day. But he couldn't stand the thought of losing Jeno.
Jaemin made finally made up his mind. His best friend who he loves so much, has saved his life multiple times. Now it was time to save his.

"I'll donate everything!" Jaemin stood up and said loudly.

The two doctors looked Jaemin, and then at each other. A few other people in the area stared at Jaemin with shocked eyes.

"But.. arent you a healthy young boy..? We can't possibly do that."

"B-But I have to save him! He saved my life so many times, and now it's my time to save his. Please, just let me donate my body." Jaemin knelt on the ground and started begging while tears fell out of his eyes.

"What do we do? This is our chance, but, we can't just use a young boy that most likely doesn't have any health concerns." The doctor whispered to the other one.

"We probably don't have any other choice."

"Can't we just wait to see if there's any donations?"

"It's best if we do it as soon as we can. The longer we wait, the more suffering Mr. Lee has to deal with."

The doctors looked back at Jaemin. He was still bawling his eyes out while his head hung low.

"Should we.. do it?"

"I don't know.. If he really wants to.. then we should."

"Okay. Hey, you."

Jaemin looked up at the doctors.

"We'll let you donate your organs. We just have to run some tests first and we'll update you. Are you SURE about this?"

"I'm 100% sure i want to, sir. No doubt."

"Okay then, i'll go run to print some paperwork for you." One of the doctors said and walked away.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Jaemin stood up with gratefulness.

The doctor nodded, "If you want, you can see him now. We'll set up an appointment for you so we can run some tests."

"Again, thank you so much!" Jaemin put his hands together and bowed a few times.

The other doctor left, and Jaemin walked up to the door which led to Jeno's room.
He knocked just in case, and walked in.
This time, he was peacefully sleeping. Jaemin quietly closed the door behind him and grabbed a chair nearby to sit next to the hospital bed. He sat on the chair and took Jeno's hand.

"I can finally repay you with my life now." He said and kissed Jeno's hand.

It was lowkey hard not to cry 😂😭😭😭 As you can tell, the end is near. I'd like to thank everyone who have supported this fanfiction throughout the way.
I'll see you in the next chapter, stay safe and i love you! ❤️