Chapter 3

BEEP! BEEP! BEEEEEP! I turn off my alarm and look at the time. It is 5:30. School starts at 8:00, but the bus picks me up at 7:00 which is good because my brothers wake up around 7:15 leaving me enough time to sneak out before they wake up.

I get out of bed, walk into my bathroom, and turn on the shower. After I finish showering, I blow dry and straighten my hair. Then I go into my walk in closet to pick out a stylish outfit.

Emma's outfit minus the hat^^^

Source: Pinterest

It's august and is still pretty warm outside, so i decide to wear shorts and a light blue adidas top with white sneakers.

I glance at my phone and see that it is 6:30 which means it's time for my escape. I leave a note on my bed and in the kitchen saying I left early to ride the bus to school to make sure they don't think I was kidnapped because i'm already going to be in enough trouble. I grab my backpack and figure out the best way to avoid the security guards protecting our house. I decide to go out a window on the first floor with a bush next to it to hide behind. When I see the guard walk to the other side of the front yard. I run as fast as I can and climb over the fence managing to not get caught.

I walk down the street to the bus stop and soon it pulls up and I get on and sit in a seat in the middle. After a few more stops the bus is nearly full, so a girl that looks around my age asks if she can sit down. She has blonde hair and blue eyes and looks very friendly so I said she could.

"My name is Katie! Are you new?" she asked in a bubbly tone I couldn't help but smile at. "I'm Emma. It's my first day at a public school. I've been home schooled all my life." I tell her. "That's so cool!" She exclaimed, "I can show you around if you want," she offered. "That would be great, thanks!" I answered. We continued talking until we arrived at school. Katie led me to the office and helped me get my schedule. "Yay!" She exclaimed, "We have first, fourth, sixth and seventh period together!" "That's good I was really worried about not knowing anyone."

Katie and I have 20 minutes till we need to get to class so we walk around and she shows me where everything is. While we are walking I notice a lot of guys are staring at me up and down and while I haven't had much experience with boys, I am pretty sure they are checking me out which made me uncomfortable and causes me to pull down my shorts more.

While Katie and I are standing at the front doors, I see a big crowd forming. "What are all those people doing?" I ask Katie. "They are try to catch a glimpse of the super hot Blackston brothers!" She gushes. I mentally gag at the super hot part and is about to reply, when I see their faces. They are pissed! Probably because I rode the bus after they specifically told me not to. Welp, I thought, its too early for this conversation, so I think it's time to skrt skrt. "Let's go to class now, Katie," I say urgently causing her to be confused,but she just shakes it off and leads us to our English class.

Before class Katie had to pee, so I went to my locker and she went to the bathroom. As soon as I figure out how to open my locker, it slams shut causing me to jump. I turn around to find all of my brothers that are in high school glaring down at me. I shrink away and give them a shy smile.

"Where the h*ll were you this morning?" Xavier asked me. "I rode the bus," I mumbled quietly. He glares at me for a good minute longer before they all squish me in a group hug. Definitely wasn't expecting that to happen! I think to myself. "You scared the crap out of all of us, Emma!" Lucas says as they release me from the hug. "That stunt you pulled was very dangerous, I thought you knew better," Jax says shaking his head. "All I did was ride the bus," I argue defensively. "Do we need to remind you what we do for a living? We have many enemies that would love to kidnap you and use you against us. " Maddox whisper screams in my face. I look down because he is right something really bad could've happened.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking when I decided to sneak out," I say hoping they'll forgive me. "It's a little late for that," Xavier says, "I already beat the crap out of the security guard when I thought he let you get kidnaped." I roll my eyes at him. He has anger issues that are especially triggered when he thinks something happened to me. He gives me a small smile and I see that I'm already forgiven, same with the rest of my brothers. They wish me a good day and go to their own classes.

As soon as they walk around the corner, Katie walks out of the bathroom and I see everyone in the hallway staring at me with confusion. I shrug it off and walk in the classroom with Katie and we make our way back to two spots in the back row.

Right before the bell rings, someone walks in the door and everyone goes silent. I look at the new comer and I think, Holy GOBSTOPPERS that is the most beautiful male specimen I have ever seen. He is tall, probably around 6'3, and muscular just like my brothers. He is wearing a leather jacket with a plain white shirt underneath and a pair of jeans. He has dark brown hair and bright, blue eyes. When I look at his eyes, I notice that he is staring at me.

"Welcome back Ryder, thank you for gracing my class with your presence for the third year in a row," The teacher says sarcastically. If this is his third time in this class that means that he is 17. I think to myself. Ryder makes his way to the back and sits down in the chair next to me.

Throughout the whole class I could feel his stare burning into the side of me head, so when the bell rings and I turn to see him still staring, I snap, "Take a picture it'll last longer! Now is there something you need or are you just a creep." I realize everyone including Katie had left and it's just Ryder and I in the classroom and I realize I need to get to my next class, so I start to walk away, but he yanks my arm back "Give me your number," he demands while holding my wrist in a death grip that will definitely bruise. "Umm I don't think so. That is something you must earn," I respond, "Now let go of me before I make you!"

He smirks at my words challenging me, but I was expecting him to let go, so I didn't actually have a way to get out of his hold. Just then Lucas walks by the door and sees me being held against my will, so he comes sprinting in and punches Ryder in the face causing him to let go of my arm. "Get your f***ing hands off of her!" Lucas yells at him causing Ryder to look at me with confusion. I didn't want to tell him Lucas is my brother, so I just grab Lucas' hand and drag him away.