Chapter 15

Emma POV

"Emma!" I hear someone shout. I open my eyes slowly. My head is throbbing, and I feel some blood dripping down the side of my face. I look up and see Ryder, Xavier, Logan, Luke, and Lucas all towering over me. Xavier looks horrified, and the rest look worried.

Then I remember what happened. Xavier and Ryder were fighting. I ran in between them to stop it, but then I felt something hit my head and everything went black.

"Thank god you're awake!" Lucas says. "What happened?" I ask. "Your dumba** brother punched you when he was aiming at me," Ryder says with a glare towards Xavier.

Xavier starts to lunge for Ryder, but before he can I reach up and grab his hand. He stops and looks at me guiltily. "It was an accident, Ryder. You were also fighting with him,"I say looking pointedly at Ryder.

Xavier kneels down next to me and scoops me up into his arms. "Em, I'm so sorry I hit you. I never ever want to hurt you. I'm so sorry," Xavier says. "It's okay Xavy. I know you didn't meant to hit me. Really, I'm fine," I tell him.

He stands up with me still in his arms, so I say, "I'm okay. You can put me down." He looks at me skeptically, but puts me down on my feet. I suddenly get very dizzy and stumble as soon as I try to take a step.

Luke catches me and cradles me to his chest. "We need to go to the hospital," Luke says and starts walking towards his car. I wave bye to Ryder and Luke puts me in the back seat with Xavier and Lucas on either side of me.

I look at Xavier and he is watching me anxiously. I lean over and put my head against his arm. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and I lean into the side of his chest.

Soon we arrive at the hospital and Xavier carries me out of the car and into the building. How embarrassing!! I got punched once and they're acting like I got shot.

We are lead to a room and couple minutes pass before the doctor walks in. Luke tells him I got punched, and the doctor says I need to have some tests done.

An hour later the doctor comes back in with my test results. "There isn't any major damage, just a mild concussion. Rest and take it easy for the next couple of days and then you will be good to go. Come back immediately if you throw up." He says.

My brothers still insist that I don't walk, so Logan picks me up and walks out to the car. We get in the car and I notice that Lucas is mad about something. "Why are you so grumpy? It's not like you got punched," I say. He turns and glares at me.

"When I caught you with Ryder at the football game, you f***ing ran away from me with him. We used to be best friends, but now all you do is sneak around and not listen to us," he says angrily.

"Oh," I say and look down. I guess I haven't been the best sister lately. "I'm sorry Lu." He just grunts and looks away. When we get home, Xavier carries me up to my room and puts me down on my bed.

He looks so guilty and sad, so I ask, "Can you lay down with me?" He gets into the bed next to me, and I snuggle into his side. He still looks guilty, so I say, "I'm okay. Stop feeling so guilty. I'm the one that ran into the middle of a fight."

He hugs me tighter and says, "Never do that again. You could have gotten seriously hurt. You are my favorite person in the world, and I never want to see you hurt." I smile up at him.