Chapter 11

Emma POV

My first four classes pass by quickly and now it's time for lunch. I walk to the library and suddenly two strong arms wrap around my waist and bring me  behind a bookshelf. "Not again!" I huff annoyed. I'm quickly turned around and am face to face with Ryder.

"What do you mean again? What happened to your head?" Ryder asks concerned. Oh yeah he wasn't here yesterday when my little run with the boy and the locker happened.

"Oh, um, nothing..." I start, but I see that Ryder isn't buying it. "It was just a little accidental run in with someone that lead to me falling into the locker with my face." I say with a shrug hoping he just brushes it off.

"What!? What's their name, I'll deal with it," he tells me with a serious expression. I roll my eyes. He is just like my brothers. "I don't know, but I'm fine and hungry, so let's eat," "Okay let's go to the cafe down the street," Ryder says taking me hand and leading me out the library.

"What about my brothers?" I ask worriedly. "Don't worry we will be back before lunch ends," he assures me. We walk out the front doors of the school and to the cafe Ryder was talking about. He opens the door for me and we order some sandwiches. I take out my wallet to pay, but Ryder beats me to it. We get our food and sit down at a table.

We talk about lots of little things. When I tell him I'm trying out for the soccer team today, he tells me that he also play soccer and will be trying out with my brothers who are sure to make the team again this year. It's been about 20 minutes when I get a text from Katie.

***********************
(Emma) (Katie)

Code red!!! Lucas just came in the library and asked me where you were, so I told him you went to the bathroom.

Oh my gobstoppers!!! Thanks I'm on my way back!!

***********************
"I need to go back now! Lucas is looking for me and Katie told him I am in the bathroom," I say to Ryder, quickly getting up and throwing my trash away.

Ryder looks just a tad panicked and we run out the door and back to the school. He leads me to the side and points up to an open window a couple feet above my head. It must lead into the girls bathroom.

He puts his hands on my hips and easily lifts me up to the window allowing me to climb through it. I turn around to say thanks and he says he'll text me. I drop down from the window and rush to open the bathroom door.

Sure enough Lucas is standing right outside the door. "Hey Lucas! How long you been waiting?" I ask him hopeful that he isn't suspicious. "It felt like forever! What do you guys do in there?" He complains. "I have girl stuff going on," I say raising my eyebrows.

"Oh, well I just came by to check up on you. See you in gym," Lucas says awkwardly because of the mention of my period. He walks back towards the cafeteria, and I get a text on my phone.
***********************
(Emma) (Ryder)

I liked having lunch with you today. Did you make it out alright?

I liked lunch too. I guess you aren't the worse company. And yep we are in the clear.

Good. I am the best company!

Sureee

***********************
I walk back to the library and find Katie at a table. "Omg you are a life saver! Thank you soooo much!" I exclaim to her. "Of course, now tell me everything!" She says grabbing my arm and pulling me down to sit in a chair.

I tell her about our lunch and what we talked about and she listens intently. "He totally likes you," she tells me when I'm done talking. "What? No he probably just wants to be friends," I tell her. Does he like me? I mean he ignored my brothers' warnings so that must count for something right?

"Are you blind?" She asks me, "He has never been like this with any girl and I can see the way he looks at you." I just shrug my shoulders secretly hoping she's right.

The bell rings signaling lunch is over, so we walk to our next classes. When I walk into the class, I find Ryder and walk up to him. I can hear people whispering as I walk by them. "Does she know he is dangerous" "Why does he actually pay attention to her?" "What's so special about her?"

I just ignore them and keep walking. "Hey gorgeous, how was your lunch in the library?" He asks me with a smirk and a wink. I roll my eyes. "My lunch was soooo bad! I'm never eating in the 'library' again," I say playing with him. "Ouch Princess, that hurts," he says putting his hand over his heart.

"I'm just kidding. It was really good," I say. "Of course it was, I was there," he says moving his hand as if to flip his hair like a girl. I playfully shove his shoulder, but he doesn't move an inch. Then, the teacher walks in and we sit down.

After class is over, Ryder walks me to my locker and Katie, Oliver and Jacob joins us. I see Ryder stiffen and he glares at Jacob. "Hey Emma," Oliver says. "Hey guys," I say back. "Are you ready for soccer tryouts?" Jacob asks me. Katie must've told them.

"I hope so," I tell them starting to worry again about not doing well. Ryder seems to notice my worry and puts his large, warm hand on my back. "I'm sure you will do awesome, Emma," Ryder says making me feel more confident. "Ya, you'll do great," Jacob says.

After that Ryder walks me and Katie to our class and then leaves to find his own class. "He is so sweet to you!" Katie gushes as soon as we sit down in our seats. "I guess," I say blushing, "Does he have something against Jacob? Why was he glaring at him,"

"Oh honey, he won't like any boys talking to you. Practically all the boys want you, you are absolutely stunning," she tells me making me blush even harder. That can't be true right? I mean I've seen lots of model-like girls at this school including Katie.

"You are just as stunning, Katie," I tell her honestly. "Aww thanks! But you are fresh meat for them." She replies making me a little uncomfortable.

Soon the teacher starts teaching and Katie and I talk a little about tryouts throughout the class.We will wear our soccer stuff to PE, except our cleats, but the actual tryout will start after school ends.

When the bell rings, Katie and I walk to the locker room and get changed into our soccer clothes. She wears a white tank top and some black nike shorts and I wear a short sleeve blue dry-fit shirt with black lululemon shorts. We put sneakers on, and carry our cleats for later.

***********
Author note:
I'll try to post more, but finals are coming up and the start of soccer season, so I've been busy lately.

Thanks for all the votes and comments so far!

If y'all have any feedback, let me know. I like seeing what you guys think.

Please vote and comment if you like my book!