Chapter 17

Xavier POV
(At the meeting)

I hate these stupid meetings. They are so boring! All they do I talk about stupid stuff. I'd rather be fighting or working out. Also, I can't wait to get back to Emma, so that I know she is safe. If a single hair on her head is missing, I will hurt those two idiots.

Father shakes hands with Mr. Lombardi, and I take that as a cue to leave. I stand up and walk out the door, but before I take another step, I hear someone I don't recognize talking on the phone.

"Hey boss, I've got good information," I hear a boy say. "Damon Blackston has a hot daughter. She would be perfect leverage and I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind having fun with her," he says.

Oh h*ll no! He is talking about Emma. She is f***ing  15 years old! No one will be getting near her! I bolt around the corner, and as soon as the boy sees me, recognition comes across his face.

He takes off at a sprint, but before he can get to far, I pull out my gun and shoot him in the leg. I walk up to the boy who is clutching his leg and grab his shirt. I drag him into the basement and to a torture room in the back.

I put him in a chair and strap him down. I pull out my phone and text Father and Luke that they need to come down here. This idiotic boy just signed his death sentence.

I walk over to the weapons table and grab a knife. "Why are you here?" I ask him while walking over to him. The boy doesn't answer, so I slam the knife down into his leg. He screams, and I hear a quiet gasp. Who the h*ll is down here watching me?!

I turn around angrily towards the sound, but my eyes land on my sweet little sister. Emma?! Why the f*ck is she down here? Then I remember she just saw me stab someone. "Sh*t," I quickly drop the knife and and go towards Emma.

Her eyes are wide and Blake and Adrian are next to her. Blake has his hand over her mouth, so I angrily say, "Take your hand off of her now." He immediately moves his hand.

"Why is she down here?" I ask the two guys. "She uh heard the gunshot and ran out of the room to see what it was," Adrian informs me. I clench my fists. They had one f*cking job and they couldn't even do it!

I look at Emma and see that she is horrified. I take a step forward to comfort her, but she takes a shakey step back. My face falls. She isn't scared of me, right?? "Em," I say in a soft voice only she gets to hear.

"Y-you just s-s-shot a-and s-s-stabbed someone," she says while stuttering. Just then Luke and Logan enter the hallway. When they see Emma's distressed face, Logan worriedly asks her, "What's wrong Em?"

Luke looks at Adrian and Blake with a fire in his eyes. "What the h*ll happened?" He asks them. Emma moves over to Logan and he wraps her up in a hug.

"She saw me stab someone," I say. Emma flinches and Luke narrows his eyes. "Why did you stab someone?" He asks. "Because I caught him spying and reporting back to his boss," I say angrily thinking about what he implied with Emma.

Luke hides his anger well and says, "Logan, you should take her upstairs." Logan nods and walks off with his arm around Emma. While they are leaving, Father and Maddox walk in. They look at Emma confusingly, but keeps walking towards us.

"What's going on," Father says. "I caught a boy spying and giving information to his boss on the phone," I tell him. "What information?" He is not gonna like this. "He must've seen Emma because he told his boss that you have a daughter," I say.

Everyone looks angry already, but that isn't even the worst part. "He said she would be great leverage and 'the guys wouldn't mind having fun with her'. When he saw me, he started to run, but I shot him in the leg. Emma happened to hear the gunshot and follows me down here with the boy. I didn't realize she was here until I stabbed him and she gasped," I say.