Chapter 20

^^Emma's friends (they aren't in this chapter but some people asked for pics of them)

Ryder POV

"Are you okay!?" I ask Emma frantically, looking over her for any injuries. "Are you kidding? I'm fine, but what about you?" She says tears coming to her eyes.

Oh yeah... I got shot by the stupid bastard. I look at his body lying on the ground and see a hole in his head from my bullet. There was no way in h*ll I was gonna let Emma get hurt. She doesn't deserve any of this.

"It's nothing, I'm gonna be fine. You don't need to worry about me," I say to her while wiping a tear off her face. "It's not n-nothing! You just got f-freakin sh-shot! Oh my god I n-need to c-call 911-" she stutters, but I cut her off.

"No, you can't call 911," I nod over to the guy's lifeless body and she notices it for the first time. "H-he's d-d-dead, isn't he?" She says shakily. I grab her hand and look into her eyes. "Hey, listen to me. He was going to hurt you, he deserved it," I reassure her.

She nods slowly, tears still streaming down her face. "I-I still need to c-call s-someone, I'll call L-Luke," she says as she takes out her phone with shaky hands.

My adrenaline is starting to ware off and my wound is becoming more and more painful, but I don't want to make Emma more worried, so I'll just push through.

She calls Luke and puts it on speaker.

*************************************************
Phone call:

L: Emma? Are you okay?

E: U-Umm... I-I'm fine b-but Ryder is hurt.

L: Are you crying? What happened?

E: I t-told you, I-I'm f-f-f-fine-

L: Hey, hey, okay, calm down and tell me so I can help

E: Some man came towards us and shot his gun at me, but Ryder jumped on me and shot the man. Ryder got shot though and he's bleeding! You need to help him!

L: We are on our way. Is the man dead?

E: I-I think so.

L: We will be there soon.

E: We are on the beach.

L: We know. See you soon, Em.

End of phone call
*************************************************

10 minutes later Luke, Logan and two guys I haven't seen show up. One of the guys goes over to the dead body and the other one walks over to Emma and I with her worried brothers.

"This is one of our doctors," Luke says. I nod and the guy starts checking out my wound. Logan picks Emma up off the ground and hugs her. "Are you okay, Emmy?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just worried about Ryder," Emma says. "The bullet just scratched his shoulder. A few stitches and he will be good to go,"the doctor says.

"You can get that done at our headquarters," Luke says. I get up slowly and we all head towards two cars. The guy that dealt with the dead body has already left, so the doctor, Luke and I get in one car and Emma with Logan in the other car.

The doctor gets in the drivers seat and Luke gets in the back next to me. "I know we haven't been very trusting with you and Emma, but I think this proves how much you care about her," Luke says taking me by surprise.