Chapter 4

As I'm dragging Lucas out of the room, he looks down at my wrist and sees the finger shaped bruises from Ryder. Uh oh... "I'm going to f***ing kill that boy! How dare he hurt you! The boys are going to lose it when they find out!" Lucas seethes. "We don't have to tell them," I try to tell Lucas, but I can see that he wants them to know.

"Well, I have to get to my next class, so see ya later alligator!" I say making my escape while he is distracted on his phone probably telling my brothers what happened. I run down the empty hallway and make it to my next class, which is geometry, just before the bell rings. I look around and find only one seat left and you wouldn't believe who sits right next to it. Ryder. Oh boy...I sigh to myself and go sit down next to him.

"Nice to see you too," Ryder says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and say, "Wish I could say the same." I hear some gasps from the people close enough to hear our conversation. Strange... Ryder looks a little surprised and says, "Feisty, I like it. Now I wanna know how I can earn your number." Hmm, this could be interesting. I think to myself. "Well, first I'm gonna need an apology for this," I tell him holding up my bruised wrist. He looks at it and his face fills with shock and guilt. "Oh sh*t! I'm so sorry! I never meant to hurt you I'm just not used to your tiny wrist," he explains to me and I can the truthfulness in his eyes, so I forgive him.

"Fine, you're forgiven, but I'm not that tiny," I say with a pout. He chuckles and pats my head, " Yes, you most certainly are." I guess he is right because my 5'2 skinny body is nothing compared to his 6'3 muscular body. "Anyway," I say moving on, "next you are gonna have to survive my brothers wrath. If you can do that, then we can become friends and I'll reward you with my number." I say with a grin. I know he won't ever get to talk to me again after they talk to him.

Surprisingly that thought made me sad. I want to be friends with him, possibly even more. Wait! What am I thinking? I've never liked a boy before. Before I can continue with that thought, he replies, "I bet I can handle them," he says cockily, "Who are they anyway?" Do I really want to tell him? No, but it's gonna come out at some time, so it might as well be now. "The Blackston brothers," I say.

His eyes go wide and he looks a little scared to be honest, which is a little surprising because he seems like a bad boy himself. "Oh...I didn't know they had a sister," he says regaining his cool. "They are very protective of me and I've been home schooled all my life," I inform him hoping he won't get scared off. "So that's why Lucas punched me," he says, "They are probably going to try and kill me, but you're worth it," he tells me with a cheeky grin.

I blush and look down and notice that I'm supposed to be taking notes. Ryder and I don't say anything to each other for the rest of class and soon the bell rings. I put my stuff away and walk into the hallway where I see Katie talking with two guys. I walk up to them and say, "Hey Katie! Where did you go so fast after 1st period? You left me alone with Ryder!" She looks at me and smirks. "I saw him staring at you the whole class, so I thought I would be doing you a favor with some alone time. I mean who wouldn't want to be alone with Ryder? He is H O T! Anyway what happened?" She asks me. "He asked for my number, but I told him he had to earn it." I tell her leaving out the part with my brother.

Just then I remember she was talking to two guys before I walked up, so I turn to them and see them staring at my body. *cough* *cough* Their eyes snap to mine and then to Katie's. "Aren't you gonna introduce us to this new snack?" One of them says to her with a wink directed at me. She rolls her eyes and says, "That's Oliver and don't worry, he is gay. And that one,"she says pointing to the other one, "is Jacob."

I look skeptically at Oliver wondering that if he is really gay, why was he looking at me like he was straight. Oliver notices and says, "I might be gay, but that doesn't mean I can't admire the feminine stature." We all laugh and head to 3rd period. I have art with Oliver.

During art I get to know Oliver a lot better, and find out that he is in fact gay from all the comments about the "hot" boys at our school. Sadly that includes my brothers which I try to tune out. After that we go to 4th period geography which I have with Oliver, Katie, and Jacob. Geography goes by pretty quickly and I learn that Jacob is very nice and shy.

Finally the bell rings and it is time for lunch. I know I'm supposed to eat with my brothers, but that would blow my cover, so I go to a table in the back corner of the cafeteria with my new friends. Once we sit down I realize that I forgot to pack a lunch and don't have any money. As I'm trying to figure out how to get food without having to ask my brothers, the cafeteria becomes silent and I look over at the door to see my brothers walking in.

They head to an empty table in the middle of the room and they all sit down besides Xavier. He looks around the cafeteria and as I'm trying to hide we make eye contact and he starts to walk over to my table. Oh snickerdoodles! I think to myself as I turn to see my table with worried looks on their faces. I mean Xavier is pretty scary, so I don't blame them.

Just then I am lifted right off the bench and into the air by Xavier. He carries my like that over to my brothers table and sits me down in between Maddox and himself. As soon as I am on the bench, Xavier grabs my arm gently to examine the bruise, which is not that bad. Everyone is over exaggerating it way to much. "Who did this?" he asked me angrily.

What am I supposed to say? I actually like talking to Ryder and would prefer him to stay alive. "Umm, it's nothing. It doesn't even hurt at all and it was an accident!" I try to persuade my brothers who are listening intently. "Bullsh*t!" Maddox says and all my brothers agree. "If I tell you guys, you are just gonna hurt him, and I kinda like talking to him. He is my friend." I say trying to get them to calm down.

"If you don't tell them, I will," Lucas speaks up. I send him a look and keep my mouth shut hoping he is bluffing and doesn't know his name. "It was Ryder."