Chapter 6

Ryder^^^

Ryder POV

As I get changed, I think about my day so far. I met the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Emma. She is absolutely perfect. I know her brothers would never let us be together because they think I'm too "dangerous" for her, but that's a little hypocritical considering they are in the mafia. I mean sure I'm in a gang, but I would never put Emma in harms way.

One of the best things about her is that she doesn't fall at my feet like the rest of the sluts at this school. I'm glad she finally gave me her number though. I'm definitely gonna text her tonight.

When I walk out of the boys locker room, I am slammed against the wall by none other than Xavier with the other Blackstons around us. There is no way for me to get out of this. Xavier is the undefeated underground fighting champion. Nobody wants to be on his bad side, but it looks like I am, so good luck to me. "You better stay away from Emma. The only reason you aren't being killed right now is because for some reason she thinks you are her 'friend', but if you attempt anything with her you will be dealing with us and our father." Xavier says calmly in my face, making him more scary than normal. Then he punches the side of my face causing another cut and bruise to form on the opposite side of my bruise from Lucas' punch. Xavier's punch hurt a hell of a lot more. I look over his shoulders to see Emma running towards us.

"Xavier! I told you he didn't do anything! Are you okay, Ryder?" Emma says walking towards me before she is yanked back by Dean and held against his chest. "Don't worry princess, my face will be better soon," I tell her with a wink causing Xavier's grip to tighten on my shirt and all her brothers to give me a death stare. She rolls her eyes at me and Xavier puts me down. He walks over to Emma and slings her over his shoulder. She looks irritated, but then she smiles and waves bye to me. I smile and wave back. I don't smile at anyone, but I just can't not smile when I see her cute dimples.

They all get in their cars and drive away, so I walk over to my motorcycle and drive to the warehouse my gang uses. When I get there, I see my second in command/best friend, Daniel or Danny which is what people call him. "Sup boss! What's poppin," he greets me. "Don't say that, you sound stupid," I inform him. Danny is always saying some strange things that he thinks are cool, but really aren't. "Woah bro! No need to harsh on my vibe!" He exclaims. I just roll my eyes and walk into my office.

I decide to send a text to Emma, so I get out my phone and type "Hey beautiful" and send it. Then I look through some papers to make sure everything is correct when I notice that one of the dealers I supply is behind on multiple payments. I call Danny into my office and say, "David is behind on his payments, so we need to go pay him a visit." He nods and we walk into the garage and get into our cars.

We head over to David's apartment and park the cars. As we are getting out I hear a girl scream and a loud slap follows. "Stop! Let me go!" a familiar voice sobs. "Shut up girl!" I hear David yell in causing her to sob harder. I immediately run to the alley way I hear their voices coming from and I see David pushing Emma up against a wall trying to take off her shirt.

All I see is red as I run up to David and throw him back away from Emma. David recognizes me and tries to run away, but Danny is waiting and grabs him. I turn to Emma and look her over to make sure she is okay. She is crying and I see a red hand print on her cheek making me extremely angry. He will pay for touching my Emma.

"Are you okay, Emma?" I ask her worriedly. She immediately wraps her arms around me and sobs saying, "Thank you so much Ryder!" She says, "I'm fine, he just slapped my face." "Did he do anything else?" I ask. "No you stopped him before he could do anything like that," she assures me. I let out a breath didn't know I was keeping.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her confused as to why she is in this part of town by herself. "I got into a fight with my brothers and they took my phone, so when I ran away and got lost I couldn't call anyone," she explains to me. I frown knowing I'm probably the reason they got into a fight.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me. "Umm... I had some work to do over here." I tell her hoping she doesn't understand what kind of work. "Oh, gang work," she answers nonchalantly. This catches me by surprise and she notices. "My brothers told me when they were trying to tell me to stay away from you," she explains.

Suddenly I remember about Danny and the scumbag David. I tell Emma to stay there for a second while I walk over to Danny and instruct him to take the little sh*t back to the warehouse and tie him up. I walk back over to Emma and I see her shiver. I take off my leather jacket and help her into it. She smiles up at me gratefully and my heart warms.

I lead her over to my car and I start to drive her home. We don't talk the whole way back, but Emma seems pretty relaxed. When we get to her family's mansion, we are stopped by security guards until they see Emma and let us through. I pull the car up to the front of the house and help Emma get out. "Thank you again. I don't wanna think about what would've happened if you weren't there," she says wrapping her tiny arms around me. I hug her back and I hear the front door slam open. I am roughly pulled back and Emma is yanked out of my grip and into Logan's arms.

The boys starts to close in on me until Emma speaks up. "Wait! He helped me!" She says causing everyone to look at her. They all hug her suddenly remembering that she had run away. As they pull away they notice the hand print and her tear stained cheeks. "I swear to god if you did this..." Luke, her oldest brother I think, says turning to me. "No! If it wasn't for Ryder, it would have been way worse!" Emma exclaims drawing her brothers attention back to herself.

"You better start explaining," Xavier says. "After our fight, I snuck out and started walking, but I eventually got lost a couldn't use my phone to call anybody," Emma says causing her brothers to have a guilty look, "When I was walking in a sketchy part of town, I noticed a guy up ahead, so I turned into an alley but he followed me and slammed me up against the wall. I tried to scream for help and fight him off, but he was too big. He slapped me in the face and told me to shut up. Then he started trying to take my shirt off, and that's when Ryder showed up and threw him off me. Ryder asked me if I was okay and then drove me back here." She finishes while crying again. All her brothers hug her again and double check to make sure she is okay.