Chapter 19

Emma POV

After my talk with Xavier, I felt better. He always knows how to make me feel better. Now, I'm laying in my bed scrolling on tiktok. We got home a few hours ago, and I haven't seen Xavier since.

He is probably working on finding who wanted to get information on me. It's a little scary knowing someone wants to kidnap and kill me, but I know my family will protect me.

All of a sudden I hear a knock on my door. "Come in," I say. Surprisingly it's not one of my brothers, but it's Ryder. "How the heck are you here?" I ask him shocked as he walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Actually, it was Xavier that called me to ask for some help with something," Ryder says. He is acting strangely nervous. He is never nervous. "Really? Does that mean they like you now?" I ask him hopefully.

"Well... I mean I'm pretty sure they don't hate me," he says, "but I did have to sneak up here. I'm supposed to be in the bathroom, but I had to ask you something." Now he is acting very nervous.

"What is it?" I ask him. "Doyouwannagoonadatewithmetomorrow?" He asks me in a rush. I laugh and say, "Don't know if I got all that, but did you just ask me out?"

"Yes, Emma, will you go on a date with me?" He asks me again causing me to blush. Oh my god did Ryder really just ask me out on a date!?!? "I would love to go on a date with you," I say standing up.

He quickly wraps his arms around me and picks me up making me giggle. After spinning me around, he sets me back down. "Thank god! I've never been so nervous," he says with a big smile on his face.

"What was there to be nervous about?" I ask him smiling. "Because you're so beautiful and sweet and amazing," he says. "You barely know me," I say giggling.

"I can't wait to know everything about you, but I've seen enough to know that much," he says making blush 100times harder. "Aww, you're so cute when you blush," he says pinching my cheek. I slap his hand away and he just laughs.

"So about this date..." I say, but he cuts me off. "It's a surprise. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 5:30." "But I need to know what to wear," I argue. "You always look great just dress casually for warm weather," he says.

"There is a bit of a complication," I say, "I have to ask my parents and brothers." I start to freak out thinking about how they are going to take this. "Hey, hey, calm down. I'll be there with you. Everything is going to be fine," he says pulling me into a hug.

"Okay, you're right, we should definitely find my mom first," I say when he lets go. She will probably be a lot more happy about it than the rest.

"Good plan, lets go," he says grabbing my hand. I pull my hand away. "I'd rather you not be killed before the date," I say. "Fine," he grumbles rolling his eyes.

We walk out of my room and down the hallway. We go downstairs and into the kitchen and find my mom there. "Hey Mom," I say. "Hello darling, oh who is this?" She says.

"This is Ryder, can I go on a date with him tomorrow?" I ask cautiously. "Oh of course dear! Hello Ryder, I'm Lily," My mom says. "Hello, it's very nice to meet you," Ryder says.

"So, where is your date going to be?" My mom asks excitedly. "YOUR WHAT?" My dad shouts angrily, walking into the kitchen. "Damon, she is going on a date with this nice boy," my mom says trying to calm my dad down.

"The h*ll she is," Luke says walking into the kitchen with the rest of the boys. "She is too young to date and he is not good, Lily," my dad says. "She is 15, that is plenty old enough. God knows what the boys were doing at this age," she says rolling her eyes.