Chapter 14

Emma POV

All my brother's and Ryder's attention is drawn to me, and Xavier lifts up my sleeve, revealing my splint. "What the f*ck is this?" he asks me angrily.

"Umm...I hurt my wrist," I say softly, a little scared for their reaction. "No sh*t Emma!" Maddox says sarcastically. "How did this happen?" Jax asks. "I tripped..." I tell them looking down at my feet.

"Tell us the whole truth Emma," Xavier says lifting up my chin to look at him. "Fine," I say taking a step back from everyone, "At soccer yesterday I was slide tackled, and I fell on my wrist. It's not a big deal, I'm fine," I say.

"You're not fine Em. If you were fine, you wouldn't of screamed when Xavier touched your wrist," Alex says. "We told you soccer was too dangerous, and now you're hurt," Jax says.

"Shouldn't you guys actually look at her wrist instead of just lecturing her about it," Ryder says making all my brothers glare at him.

Xavier takes a step towards me a gently lifts my arm. He takes off the splint and I wince from the movement. Everybody crowds around me and looks at my wrist.

"F*ck Emma! This looks broken," Xavier says. "Y'all need to take her to a doctor," Ryder says. Wow, he must love aggravating my brothers. "We know dipsh*t," Maddox says angrily to Ryder.

Xavier picks me up bridal style and walks over to his car. "I can walk you know," I say. "I don't care," Xavier replies. He puts me on the passenger seat and he gets in the drivers side.

Xavier pulls out of the parking lot and drives to the doctors office. He called them while we were in the car, so when we walk in, we are led back to a room right away.

The doctor comes in and looks at my wrist. "It looks broken, but to be sure you need to get X-rays," the doctor tells us. After we got the X-rays, the doctor confirmed it was broken. "You are gonna need a cast for 8 weeks," the doctor says. Holy guacamole!!!8 weeks?!?!?!

The doctor starts to work on my cast and asks me what color I want, and I say light blue. When the doctor finishes me cast I ask, "Can I still play soccer?" Xavier gives me a disapproving look and the doctor says, "You can get back to soccer next week. Just make sure you wrap it with bubble wrap or padding."

We sign out, walk to the car, and Xavier drives home. When we walk in the door, Xavier guides me, by pushing my back, into the living room where all my brothers are waiting for me.

"Sit down Emma," I trudge over to the couch and sit down with my arms crossed. It's a little weird with the cast, but I manage. I hate these talks. My brothers stand above me and don't look very happy.

"Why would you keep this from us Emma? Luke asks me. "You were hurt and you didn't tell us," Logan follows up. "I didn't want you guys to make me stop playing soccer. I thought I could handle it myself," I say.

"Your safety is our top priority. How are we supposed to take care of you if you don't tell us things?" Luke says. "You obviously can't take care of yourself. You're just a baby," Xavier says. That hurts. My eyes want to start watering, but I barely hold it in.

"You aren't going to the football game with us tonight. You will be staying here in your room," Luke says sternly. "What? No!" I shout standing up. "This isn't a discussion," Logan says just as stern as Luke.

"Whatever," I say storming past them and up the stairs. I get into my room and slam the door shut. I jump on my bed and start to cry. They always treat me like a stupid baby. I hate it!! My phone dings, so I roll over and look at it to see a text from Ryder.