Chapter 16

Emma POV

I walk out the gym doors and leave one propped open. I see a cooler across the hallway, so I open it and grab a water bottle out of it. Before I can turn around, I feel someone's hands on my hips and hear a voice say, "What's a pretty thang like you doin here?"

"Stop bothering the poor girl, Blake," I hear another voice say. I stop down on Blake's foot and he lets go of me and says, "Woah! She's got some fire in her." I turn around and see two familiar faces, Blake and Adrian.

"Emma?!" Blake says shocked. "Ooo, you're definitely getting beat up," Adrian says to Blake. "They don't have to know," I say. Blake smiles and gives me a fist bump while saying, "I like the way your thinking."

Suddenly Jax runs out the door, but when he sees me he relaxes. "Thank god! What's taking you so long? I thought something happened," Jax says. "I saw Blake and Adrian, so I said hi," I say.

"Oh okay. They didn't do anything to you right," he says. "Nope," I say. "Really man? We're not that stupid," Blake says. I hide my smile, knowing he was in fact that stupid.

"Good, the boys would kill me if they thought I let you get hurt. We need to go back in now," Jax says. We walk back into the gym with Blake and Adrian following behind us.

We walk up to our brothers, and Luke says, "We have to go to a meeting with father, but it's with dangerous people, so you can't go."

"We can stay with her," Adrian says. "Okay, Don't leave her side... except for the bathroom," Logan says. "If anything happens to her at all, you're dead," Xavier says. "Jeez! I'll be fine, no need for death threats," I say.

They say bye and walk out the door. "So, what do you want to do child?" Blake asks. "I'm not a child," I say, a little offended. "Ya okay shorty," Blake says patting my head. I swat his hand away and he laughs.

"Is this your first time here?" Adrian asks me. "Yup, I wasn't allowed to come before," I tell them. "Okay we'll take you on a tour," Blake says.

We walk out of the gym and all around the building. When we pass by the archives room that has information about all the gangs and other mafias, I get an idea. Since my phone was taken, I haven't gotten to talk to Ryder.

"Can I borrow your phone?" I ask Blake. "Why?" He asks me suspiciously. "I need to call someone, but my phone was taken," I say. "Do you know their number?" he asks me. "No, but it's probably in that room," I say.

"This someone isn't Ryder, right?" Blake asks me. "How do you know?" I ask shocked that he knew. "Maddox was complaining about him talking to you," Blake says. "Which means, I don't think your brothers want you to talk to him," Adrian says.

"Well, I don't care and unless you want my brothers to know you tried hitting on me, you should give me your phone," I say sticking out my hand for his phone. "Fine, you little devil," he says while taking his phone out and handing it to me. I look up Ryder's number and dial it into the phone.

Phone call:

R: Who is this and what do you want?

E: Hey Ryder, it's me.

R: Oh sorry Emma, why aren't you using your phone?