Chapter 13

Emma's POV

My eyes open sleepily to the sound of my alarm clock. I turn it off and roll out of bed. I groggily stand up and walk into my closet. My wrist still hurts a little, but it's bearable. I decide to wear some black ripped jeans with a Nike wind breaker. I do my hair in a half up half down style.

 I do my hair in a half up half down style

Outfit and hairstyle^^Source: Pinterest

Source: Pinterest

After I finish getting ready, I head downstairs. All my brothers are already there. I hear a chorus of good mornings and I say it back. I open the freezer and get out two eggo waffles.

I like my waffles soft, so I put them in the microwave to heat them up. When they are done I put butter on them and sit at the counter to eat. I listen to my brothers conversations. The ones that play football are talking about their game tonight.

"Ooo! Can I go to your game?" I ask. I've never been to one before, but I've heard that they are a lot of fun. "I don't know Em. A lot of people come to our games," Maddox replies. "Seriously? Im in high school now. I'm not a little kid and I can take care of myself," I say.

"Sure you can," Xavier says rolling his eyes. I scoff at his sarcastic comment and cross my arms. "Stop pouting Emma. You can come with Logan, Xavier, and I," Luke says. I want to go with my friends, but I guess this will have to do. "Ok," I say happily.

I hope off the stool, and walk into the garage. I walk to the closest car which happens to be Maddox's. It's a big red truck. There is a step, but it's still a struggle to get in especially when I can only use one hand.

When I finally climb onto the seat, Maddox laughs and says, "Did you need some help, Shorty? And why were you only using one hand?" Uh oh, he noticed. "Ha ha very funny. I just wanted to challenge myself," I say back to him. He just laughs again and drives to school.

He parks in the usual row once we arrive at school. I jump down and almost fall, but Dean is next to me and steadies me while laughing. I just elbow him in his abs probably hurting my elbow more than him. "Hey it's not my fault you're clumsy," Dean says still laughing. "Whatever," I say back. I tell my brothers bye and walk to my friends.