Chapter 9

Emma POV

The boy is about 5'9 and has shaggy blonde hair. I try to step around him, but he just moves to block me again. "Do you mind? I got places to be,"I say glaring up at him. That might sound rude, but I don't have time for this, I'm hungry. "Wow, that's a lot of sass in a little body," he says looking me up and down. I just roll my eyes and turn around. I'll find another way to the cafeteria. This douche is making me uncomfortable.

Before I can walk off. He pushes me making me stumble into the lockers and hit my forehead. "What the frickity-frack dude?!" I say turning to face him while rubbing the newly formed bump on my forehead. Before he replies, he looks over my shoulder and goes pale.

"Em, What is taking you so long?" I hear Maddox ask from behind me. The boy looks down at me and recognition comes across his face. He quickly turns and practically runs down the hall and around the corner.

I turn to face Maddox and his eyes go wide. He reaches his hands out and grabs my head examining my forehead. "What the f**k happened?" He asks. "Um, I tripped and fell into the lockers." I half lie. I mean I did trip, but only because I was pushed. Still, my brothers don't need to know that.

"You're such a klutz. C'mon let's go get you an ice pack," he says with a laugh. We walk to the nurse to get an ice pack, then we finally go to the cafeteria. He leads us to the table my brothers are at and explains what happened. They all laugh and then make sure I'm okay.

Alex had bought me a slice of cheese pizza and some Doritos. The boys start talking about sports and I decide to ask them about soccer tryouts. "Can I pretty please tryout for the soccer team tomorrow?" I ask them doing my puppy dog eyes. "Soccer is a very physical sport, we don't want you to get hurt," Jax says. "I play with you guys though. Plus Katie is trying out too." I counter. "Fine, we will talk to our parents, Luke, and Logan," Xavier says. Yesss!

The rest of the day passes quickly and still no Ryder. After gym I walk over to Lucas and Xavier, the others have football practice, and get in Lucas' car for him to drive me home. When we get home, Luke and Logan are still at work and college, Xavier goes to workout in our gym, and Lucas and I go to our rooms.

I jump on my bed and look at my phone. I never got to text Ryder back yesterday, so I decide to send him a text.
***********************
(Emma) (Ryder)

Hey!!

What's up cutie?

Nothing, just laying on my bed. Why weren't you at school today?

I had some stuff to do. Why? Did you miss me😉

Don't get to ahead of yourself! I was only curious.

Well I missed you. Wanna have lunch together tomorrow?

Sure! I'll meet you in the library tomorrow.

Great! See you tomorrow

Okie dokie artichoke
***********************
Oh boy...How am I gonna get out of lunch with my brothers? I decide this is a job for Katie, so I decide to text her next.
***********************
(Emma) (Katie)

Heyo!

What's crack-a-lackin?

I need your help tomorrow

Don't fret, i gotchu fam

I'm having lunch with Ryder tomorrow, but I can't tell my brothers. Can you cover for me and eat in the library pretty please? I'm gonna tell them we have a project.