GOOD LIAR.

In the ground,
my secrets slept with her body

𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘖'𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘺𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧

𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘖'𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘺
𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧

I was just playing with you

  Thandiwe Newton  LUISA BREWSTER
      Thomas Gibson  NICK BREWSTER
             Jacob Artist  MYLES BREWSTER
              Millie Davis RILEY BREWSTER

   Drew Van Acker JASON DILAURENTIS
   Robbie Amell  ERIC KAHN
    Brant Daugherty  NOEL KAHN
     Gabrielle Union COACH RHODES

THE MUSIC WAS LOUD. Spencer Hastings could afford it to be since she and her friends were in the family barn, away from the house. It was strictly no parents tonight — the unwritten rule — and having the sleepover at Spencer's was the only way to reassure that happened for the girls.

It was their night. That was how Alison DiLaurentis sold it to them. This was going to be last weekend before they started sophomore year; they had to make the most of it and that meant no parents.

So, it was what the rest of girls wanted to do — and did. They did anything to please Alison DiLaurentis. Hanna Marin even stole a bottle of tequila from her mother's drink cabinet to impress the fellow blonde. The proud smile Alison gave to Hanna for a fleeting moment was worth the punishment she'd later face from her mother and the humiliation of Alison's back-handed compliment about big sweaters being useful.

All the girls lapped up Alison's approval. Even Halle Brewster, though she thought she was the only one who knew just how much power Alison truly had over them all. Halle realised the hold Alison had over her. The summer had shown her that and changed Halle in the process. She had stopped to pop the bubble Alison had placed around her and Halle started to notice things, clear and true — that perhaps pleasing Alison wasn't the thing she should be priding herself on.

"Halle, come join us." Emily Fields stood at the bottom of the ladders, looking up at the girl. She wore a soft smile, a sweet one, like all the ones Emily gave Halle. Out of the five girls Alison thrust upon Halle's life in the last year, Emily had become closest to Halle. Halle trusted her more than Alison, and she had known the blonde the longest.

Length wasn't what Halle was measuring her friendships on anymore — Halloween changed that for her. Halle made a promise that night to always be there for the four around her now, to protect them as best she could from the harsh glare Alison brought on their lives.