1.10

"Keep your friends close"

Looking intensely at her reflection, in the the mirror inside her locker, Hanna took a deep breath

Looking intensely at her reflection, in the the mirror inside her locker, Hanna took a deep breath. "Okay, I need to ask to ask you guys something, and I need you to be totally honest with me."

"Of course," Aria said.

"Yeah," Spencer nodded.

"Is this side of my face fatter than this side?" Hanna asked them seriously, rotating her head slowly left to right for them. All her friends tilted their heads to the side, inspected what she was asking and then gave an answer. Spencer, Aria and Emily all said no, while Halle wasn't aware they had to answer at the same time. Hanna looked to her, "Halle?"

"Oh, you don't want my answer," Halle replied flatly. When she saw Hanna's face fall, Halle broke into a chuckle. "Kidding. Perfect both sides, Han, honest," she said, and she shared a smile with the blonde as Hanna shut her locker.

Aria had sighed, her eyes now down the hallway. "Is that Ian?" The liars turned their attention to where Aria was looking, and it was Ian, shaking hands with the football coach.

"Yeah, I hear he's the new field hockey coach," Spencer told them.

"Avoiding that at all costs," Halle mumbled.

Emily asked Spencer, "does Melissa know he's back?"

With her back now to her locker, Hanna said, "I don't know why she ever broke up with him," as she took in the man with the perfect smile, charming his way through the faculty.

"She didn't," Spencer said, voice almost devoid of emotion. "He broke up with her."

"Hey," Mona was smiling as she approached the liars. "The first one is for my bestie," she said, handing over an invitation to Hanna. "And one for each of my bestie's friends," Mona stated as she gave one to each of the girls.

"Oh, uh, what's this?" Aria asked.

"Oh, nothing," Mona pretended to play it down. "Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever. Camp Mona."

"Camp Mona?" Aria asked, seeing the exchange of smile between Hanna and the soon-to-be birthday girl.

"Don't let the camping part scare you," Mona said.

"Oh, that's not the part that scares me," muttered Halle.

"It's 'glamping', not camping," claimed Mona. "M is for Mona and massages, not mosquitoes. Oh, Naomi," Mona waved her hand in the air, "hey, wait up," she said, and she was off.

The whole thing had amused Spencer. She turned to Hanna. "Why is Mona inviting us to her birthday party?"

"The last I went to Mona's birthday, I was seven and that was because back then, you had to invite the whole grade," Halle said.