2.10

"Touched by an 'A'ngel"

Sat with Aria in the cafeteria, the two were enjoying their slow morning together

Sat with Aria in the cafeteria, the two were enjoying their slow morning together. Halle had picked up Aria earlier before school and the two grabbed a coffee, chatting while they waiting for the others to show. They were in the middle of a conversation when Emily broke it up, obliterating whatever they were talking about. The pair were both unsuspecting to Emily's high-rate rant when she immediately found them.

"Why are your phones off?" Emily asked before she had even sat down. She planted herself opposite them, her tone accusatory. "I was trying to reach you both all night."

"It's off," Halle answered, baffled by the sudden outburst.

"I'm sorry, I was avoiding Ezra's call," Aria said. "We're still arguing about Jackie."

"Forget Jackie. I need to talk to you about Jason," said Emily, determined and strong in her approach.

Halle shot back, "Well, I need to talk to you about Jason."

"What?" Aria was lost."Why do we need to talk about Jason?"

"He kissed me," said Halle. She got it out quickly, not dancing around it; she ripped off the band-aid. Halle bit the inside of her cheek after, nervous, especially when Emily had an outburst after.

"Halle!" Emily scolded, eye large in shock. "Why would you do that?"

"It caught me off-guard, okay?" Halle defended. She tried to put herself across as innocently as she could. "I didn't know he was gonna kiss me. I knew he was thinking about it, but I didn't think he'd actually do it, and I spent the whole night with my stomach in knots over how to tell you guys," Halle confessed.

"You could have just told us," Aria comforted. "I've been with you all morning, you should have said, Hal. Wait, what are you gonna tell Eric?" she asked.

"Do I even tell Eric? I didn't tell him about the video and he hasn't found out about that," Halle pointed out, facing Aria.

Annoyed at how relaxed her friends were being, Emily blurted out to them, "Jason had pictures of Aria— And you!" She saw both of them turn to look at her, baffled. "Creepy pictures," Emily elaborated gravely.

Stunned, Aria sat up in her chair. "What?"

"Spencer and I found a dark room in his woodshed, okay?" Emily told them seriously. "He developed photographs of Aria sleeping."

"Sleeping?!" Aria screeched, suddenly a lot more alarmed than before.

"Sleeping or drugged," Emily said flatly. There was no in between according to Emily; she left no room to negotiate.

"And the photos of me?" Halle asked. She was completely blindsided by it all — bewildered by what Emily was telling her. A mix of both mortified and confused. Halle didn't know how to feel about Jason the best of times, how was she supposed to feel now?