1.14

"Careful what U wish 4"

Aria let out a heavy sigh

Aria let out a heavy sigh. "We've got comic books, more comic books... and more comic books." The search of Ian's belongings was going poorly. They had found nothing noticeably strange; the binoculars had been particularly creeper, but not alarming.

"Evidence of geekdom, but not a crime," Hanna groaned.

Then, Emily appeared from upstairs. Her hand was clutched in Maya's, and Halle's heart ached at the sight. Halle tore her eyes away from the happy, in love couple and focused on rifling through a box of Ian's. In one, she found a yearbook. Eager for a distraction, Halle flipped through it. She stopped at the letter 'D', and began her slow and careful search for Jason's face.

She found him on the third page. Her eyes scanned over the unfamiliar faces until she found the one she was looking for. It was one summer and he haunted her still. If she closed her eyes, Halle could still feel his fingertips dancing over her skin, hear his laugh when she said something outrageous about hating Rosewood, see the stormy look in his eyes right before he kissed her for the first time. She could remember it all. Her lingered on her, in her memories... That summer.

"Thank you guys so much," Maya said sincerely and began to hug each the girls one by one.

"Of course," Spencer smiled.

"You'll be back soon," Hanna said.

At the door, saying their goodbyes, Emily shared in a sweet kiss with her girlfriend. When Maya has finally gone, Emily was extremely grateful for the four friends in front on her. "Thank you guys," Emily said, "tonight was the best gift anyone could have ever given me."

"Where are they sending her?" Spencer asked Emily.

"Uh, some place called True North," said Emily.

Hanna made a face. "Seriously?"

Worry set into Emily. "Is it bad?"

"They sent Betsy Berger there for huffing spray-paint, she came back as a drummer in a gospel band," Hanna explained.

Seeing her friend's wavering faith, Aria chose to reassure Emily. "Maya's an amazing person, Em. She's gonna be fine," Aria said.

Emily nodded. "Yeah..." She tried her best to sound assured, but her face read uncertain. Instead, Emily distracted herself by turning her attention to what her friends were doing. "Did you guys find anything?"

"Nope." Halle shut the yearbook, keeping a finger slotted in between on the page where Jason's photograph was. "Zilch, nah-dah, nothing," listed Halle, droning out her words.