1.02

"The Jenna Thing"

Gathered at Rosewood Grill, the friends Alison DiLaurentis hand-picked for herself sat in a collective state of panic

Gathered at Rosewood Grill, the friends Alison DiLaurentis hand-picked for herself sat in a collective state of panic. None of it was easily explained away, and it involved all five of them. It bought them back together. For how long, none of them knew, but for now, they were together.

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria asked.

"I've been asking myself the same thing," claimed Halle. She said plainly, "it's not like she can see Ali's coffin."

"Halle," Emily glared at her, "she's blind."

"She wasn't exactly a peach when she could see, Em," Halle defended. "Her being blind doesn't make her instantly nice and we don't have to be nice to her either — now she's back."

"You think she's back for good?" asked Aria, looking to Halle from across the table.

"I'm guessing. Why else show?" Halle said.

"That cop acted like we were suspects or something," Hanna reminded him.

Emily looked to Spencer, who sat at the head of the table. "Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked the daughter of two lawyers, knowing she'd have insight, but Aria answered first.

The small girl snapped. "Why would we? We haven't done anything wrong," she said.

"Except lie about the Jenna thing," Hanna pointed out.

Spencer leaned in, harsh whispers aimed to stop speculation. "We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember? It never happened," she firmly added.

"Have you found a way to forget?" Aria said, guilt on her face, "I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night--"

"Aria, it was an accident," argued Spencer.

Hanna, seemingly in her own world, poured alcohol from her flask into her diet-cola. She felt a stranger's prying eyes on her and instead of cowering like she used to behind Alison, Hanna simply shot him a smile and told him, "it's medicinal." When he gave her a look, she fired back, irritated, "cramps."

Halle started to chuckle. She shook her head at the blonde. "You use that now?"

"I leaned from the best," Hanna said. She went to pour from her flask into Halle's drink. "Want some?"

"No!" Halle's hand clamped over her glass, shocking Hanna to a stop. Halle faked a short smile. "No, thanks, I'm not drinking."