1.19

"A Person Of Interest"

The next day, after she and her friends handed in the blood-covered trophy, the police came for the girls

The next day, after she and her friends handed in the blood-covered trophy, the police came for the girls. Where they were comfortable in watching Ian Thomas being dragged away by the cops, they weren't in them being. It always turned sour and made them out to be the ones in trouble.

In front of the whole school, the five were escorted out of the courtyard and into police cars, all the time questioning if Alison had them all fooled. The reason why this was happening to them was because of Alison, and in being friends with Alison, they invited bad things to happen to them. Halle's mind went to what she told Mr Fitz. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Yet, this wasn't just a bad thing. It was a very, very bad thing. They all thought taking that trophy to the police would be worth it. It wasn't. It was just another mistake.

Rat blood.

The trophy had rat blood on it, and then came A's text to torture them further. Rat me out, your blood's next --A. It was a clear enough message for the girls to get.

Veronica Hastings sat in on each of the girls' interviews with the police. All of the them were well versed in their lies, but no one was better prepared than Halle. She was far much poised than the others. After all, Halle had been lying the longest, and Alison taught her. Halle knew how to tell a lie and she knew how to tell it well.

"The video was sent to us by an anonymous source," Halle told the detectives. "Probably by the same person who sent it to you. You should look into that," she added, eyes dropping down the the lack of notes the detective was making.

"It was sent to you?" asked Detective Breyer curiously, though he had already heard it before from the others. Halle was the fourth one in and her story hadn't differed from theirs.

"It was loaded onto Spencer's laptop," answered Halle, "and this time we saw who Alison was talking to and it was Ian."

"Ian Thomas?" questioned the detective.

"Yes. He told Ali to come closer and she did," said Halle. She further informed him, "Ian and Alison were together the weekend she went missing."

"And how do you know this?"

"We had our suspicions that Ali wasn't telling us everything when she got back Labor Day," Halle said. "She said she had a golfing day with her grandma at the Hilton Head."

"Couldn't she had just done that?"

"Her grandma lived in Georgia, Hilton Head is in South Carolina, and Spencer called the Hilton Head," replied Halle. "She spoke to the desk clerk, and Ian lied to Spencer. He said he never went that summer, but he did. Ian stayed at the Hilton Head last summer... with Alison."