Family is Family

Song: Could It Be Another Change by The Samples

December 6, 1993

Richie had been staying at the Kasbprak residence for a couple of weeks now. All of his belongings are set up in the guest room, but he still manages to sneak into Eddie's room after Sonia falls asleep.

It's been pretty nice. Sonia's not home too much, due to work. Still, Richie sees her every night. Sometimes she'll call the house ahead of time and tell them she's bringing home dinner. Other times Richie and Eddie will have a plate ready for her when she gets home.

It's fun living with Eddie, even under awful circumstances. They cook together, clean together, etc. Nothing is ever boring when the other is around. Richie hopes it lasts forever. Them side by side in their own little house. It's nice to think about.

Eddie has also enjoyed Richie's company. He's almost positive his mother has too. The boy is surprised they haven't fought yet. They're together twenty four seven. The two ride to school together, sometimes in Eddie's car and sometimes in Richie's. Eddie had just gotten his license, so Richie was the one who drove most of the time. But it's not just school now. The only time they separate is when one is going to hang out with their best friend. But that only ever lasts an hour or so.

As of right now the two are curled together on Eddie's bed. The smaller sits in between Richie's legs. Richie's arms snake through Eddie's until reaching the front side of him. He peeks his head over his boyfriend's to get a better view of the notepad down below. The boy has been working on a new song.

Eddie doesn't pay any attention to what he's writing, nor does he want to invade on his boyfriend's privacy. So instead he paints his nails an aqua color. He's gotten quite good at it. Sometimes he wants to paint Richie's too. Maybe he'll let him one day.

Music plays quietly in the background. They both know the song, seeing as it's one of their favorites. Eddie immediately sings along, which brings a smile to Richie's lips. "The only time I feel good falling is when I'm falling fast and hard for you."

Richie joins in next, setting his notepad to the side. "The last two digits when I'm calling fade away but somehow I'll get through."

Eddie blows on his nails before checking if they're dry. Then he bounces over to the stereo, turning it as loud as it goes. He's lucky his mom isn't home. He'd be dead if that were the case.

Instead he just laughs and grabs both of Richie's hands. The smaller pulls him along eagerly. Richie only follows along. He knows better than to protest.

"You're so cute." Richie speaks suddenly, pulling Eddie out of the current trance he was in.

"Huh?"

Richie's face burns. "I don't know. You're just the most amazing person I've ever set eyes on."

"Oh." Eddie's dimples show as he scrunches his nose.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. Eddie hopes and prays the loud music didn't alert their neighbors. The boy sighs while heading off to the front door. Richie is of course by his side, hands still linked. And the music still flows through the entire house.

Eddie's the one to open the door, which reveals a man taller than Eddie, but slightly shorter than Richie. He's handsome. His hair is wild, much like Richie's. In fact the man looks quite a bit like Richie. It's uncanny. Every detail from the cheekbones to the freckles is almost identical.

"Hello." Eddie greets with a kind smile.

"Hi."

"Is there something you need?" He questions curiously.