Asexual

Song: True Colors by Cyndi Lauper

December 17, 1993

Mike is reading quietly in his room when a loud crash interrupts him. He then hears a loud groan and Greta's voice. "Sorry mama!" The footsteps continue to grow louder and louder. Finally the door swings open, revealing the smiling girl.

Mike sets his book to the side, while Greta practically jumps on top of him. She's carrying something in her hands, which sparks Mike's curiosity. "Did you go to the library."

The girl holds the large book high above her head. "In fact I did." She then pulls out more books from her satchel.

Mike giggles at her, but doesn't question it. She seems so excited. Almost proud in a way. "So you know when we had that talk?"

"Yeah?"

"Well! I've been doing some research-..."

"You sound like me." Mike interrupts.

Greta gives him a death glare, which shuts him up. "Anyways. I came across a few things that sounded like you. I thought it could help."

She hands over the pile of books, which all have bookmarks. Mike flips each open to the correct page. They've all been high lighted, which he almost comments on. But he doesn't. His eyes land upon the word and the definition. Something within him feels connected.

Asexual.

There's a few books on the topic. Even an interview with David Bowie. And it all says the same thing. Lacking of sexual interest.

Mike laughs. "That's me."

Greta hugs her friend's neck. Mike continues to babble on. "I thought I was the only one."

"You're not. There's tons of people who feel the same way."

Mike feels put together at last. "Thank you."

"I didn't do much."

Mike smiles lovingly. "But you really did."

The two hug each other one last time before continuing on like normal. Almost normal. Greta can tell the boy is glowing. She's glad to see it.

Super short filler chapter, but I thought some would enjoy another Greta and Mike friendship chapter.