New Years

Song: Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners

December 31, 1993 / January 1, 1994

It's New Years Eve and despite being invited to every party in town, the Losers, as always, decided to stay in and do their own thing. That doesn't mean that it'll be any less of a party, though. Bill's parents were out of town on their special trip, just like every year. It's perfect for the group, and luckily Bill's parents trust him.

Eddie's been going on and on about the party for weeks now, so Richie's excited to see the real deal. Apparently there's tons of alcohol, games, food, and more. Stanley was over at Bill's all day helping set up. The rest of the group offered to help, like they normally did, but the two insisted it was no big deal.

This left Eddie and Richie to cook all day together. They made cookies and their own dips. They made all sorts of things. Sonia had recently been to the city, so she of course picked out some new ingredients for her two boys.

But now the party will start any minute and every duo is on their way. Everyone is dressed in their favorite clothes. They want to feel themselves when the new year hits.

"I can't believe I'm starting the new year off with a boyfriend. Past Eddie would be proud."

Richie chuckles at this statement. "Are you kidding? My past would be dying of heart failure if he knew."

"You're sweet."

Richie smiles, turning his car into the familiar driveway. "I'm honest."

It seems that everyone is already there, though Beverly and Ben couldn't have been too far ahead since they're only just now leaving the car. Richie and Eddie give each other a look once they catch sight of them. It's the first time either had hung out since the incident.

Richie, being Richie, knows how to make things a bit normal by joking through them. So he greets them both with a goofy smile and the other three just roll their eyes. "M'lady!" He curtsies.

Beverly hits his shoulder. "Such a dork."

The four make their way inside with hands full of snacks. As soon as they enter laughter rings through the entire house. It becomes even louder when they open the basement door. The rest of the group spots them and cheers, ushering them down.

"It's okay everyone. You can all calm down. The party has finally arrived." Richie can hardly keep a straight face as he bows.

The rest of the crowd boos. Stanley even throws a marble in his direction, missing by a couple feet.

"Don't you play baseball?" Richie jokes.

Suddenly an even larger marble is thrown his way, except this time it hits him. "No. He doesn't. But I do." Bill winks before popping another chip in his mouth.

Greta, Linda, and Mike are all grouped around one of the tables. They're admiring it all. So of course the new four join them.

"Oh this is going to be fucking awesome." Richie breathes out. Below them is a table filled with games. Monopoly, dominos, etc.

"That's not even the best part." Stan appears, Bill following behind.

"It's already awesome, though." Greta gasps, rushing over to another area. "You even have a photo booth!"

"Not to mention all of the food!" Mike's voice is muffled due to the cupcake that he's taken in one bite.

"Well wait until you see this. It was Stanley's idea. It took a lot of time, but it's worth it." Bill leads them to a curtained area.