Chapter 17

Eira hung there for a few more moments before some guards came with a ladder and took her down. Her eyes were almost pure ice because of the force of power she exerted not too long ago. Completely blind, Eira couldn't see the other kids gawking at her and whispering about her. "All of you go, now! We have some cleaning up to do" one Observer said frustratingly as he let out a harsh sigh. The children were escorted to their new living space, Eira had to have a guard direct her where to go since she couldn't see anything clearly. Their new room was no longer in the dungeon, they were too good for that now. They were in a fairly sized room in the main castle now, the stone walls were painted white, there was one large bared window, and six beds in the room, three on each side. The beds still seemed uncomfortable, but they were definitely better than the awful ones they kept in the dungeon cells. The door was no longer kept locked, as no one truly expected them to attempt an escape, not after the experiments they've been through. Eira was placed on the bed closest to the door on the right side of the room, she still couldn't see so she spent her time sitting on the bed, staring blankly. Some of the other children talked amongst themselves, but none came close to Eira, that is, until a blurry figure approached her. She couldn't seen any fine details,  the only things she could determine was that the person in front of her was a Male due to their build and that they had shaggy blonde hair. The man sat across from Eira on her bed, staring at her for a moment, "Your eyes .." he muttered quietly. "Its ice. This happens as a side effect from my powers" Eira responded in a monotonous voice, "My name is Sar, what's yours?" He asked. "Eira. You don't seem too 'brainwashed'" Eira responded as she cocked her head to the side. Sar laughed, "Well neither do you!" He joked. Eira smiled a little, it was barley noticable but it felt good. Shes hadn't had a friend in years. "What landed you in this hell hole?"  She asked the man in front of her. Sar sighed, "I was 17 when they took me away from my dad. I was born with Acid powers, because of that, my mother died during childbirth.. I was quite the hell raiser when I first got here. To straighten me out they obedience trained me with sharp needles, I was forced to either walk over top of them or have them stabbed into me over and over again if I disobeyed." He explained, his face sinking into sadness. Eira's jaw dropped, "I'm so sorry" she responded. Sar nodded solemnly, "Its alright. What about you?" Sar asked, Eira shrugged at the boys question, "I was 15. Me and my sister were taken. I have Ice powers and she had water. We tried to escape, we almost made it, almost..
She sold me and my friends out because she believed Nerugos lies. Now shes dead and I was put into obedience training. They would beat me with electric batons if I ever disobeyed." She explained, feeling her heart shatter remembering the events. Sar sighed, "Monsters .. I just wanted to let you know, I admire you. What I saw on the feild was extraordinary! Not all the people here are that fond of you, but I respect you" he exclaimed.  Eira smiled and nodded, wishing she could see more about the person in front of her, "Thanks, man. I respect you too" she responded happily.