Chapter 21

"Can you give us an update, doctor?"

"Well, the healers were able to save the Larynx, the pharynx, the epiglottis, and most of the internal tissues.. but the skin and some of the muscles were just too damaged..
The healers did all they could, now it's up to the body to naturally heal on it's own"

"How long until shes better and able to fight again?"

"I'd give her a couple weeks of rest. It wasn't a minor injury she sustained. Shes gonna be left scarred and a little disfigured around the neck area"

"Wait, the healers can't do anything about that?! What to we pay them for then!"

"Well.. with all due respect, sir. Your healers aren't the best.. they fixed the important stuff though, that's all that matters"

"Whatever ... What about 121?"

"He lost too much blood, there was nothing even we could do. Maybe that was for the best"

"And the other children?"

"A few were gone by the time we got to them, but numbers 445 and 1921 pulled through and are now in stable condition."

"Russell, I'm giving you the task of keeping an eye on her while shes here. We can't risk anything right now, the casualties are already high"

"......"

"Good. I know I can count on you to keep things in order here"

"Oh, sir! One last thing before you leave. I think you should look at 878's medical file.."

"...
What the .. hows that possible?"

"We're not sure .. I think we should run some tests, with your permission, of course."