chapter 6

His words kept ringing in my ears. I had just completed the tasks given to me and they couldnt even distract me from his words. He will kill me I know it. I've been told so many times before that I've fucked up.
"Harper get in here" I hear him shout. I guess I was getting a bullet, I had more tasks or his friends were here.
I went into the living room and saw two other guys. 
"Harper this is Logan, and this is Ethan" he said pointing to them each individually as he said their names
"Aww shes so cute" Logan said.
"Yes and if you touch her..." he started but was cut of by Ethan
"We get bullets through the head. We know"
I was shocked that he threatened to kill his friends. How could he do that to a friend. How does he even have friends. Maybe he buys them. Hes got the money for it.
"What's so funny"
I didn't realise that I had unintentionally  smiled at the joke.
"Nothing sir"
"Harper I wont ask again what was so funny "
I guess it's a crime to smile now. Crime,  he probably knows alot about it.
I took a deep breath and replied "well it's just that you threaten your friends and it made me wonder if they were your friends or if you pay them to be your friends, sir"
Well that was a mistake. He looked angry really angry. His friends however they were cracking up with laughter.
"He pays us" Ethan said as he laughed.
This got him even angrier. He was fuming. I slowly backed away as he started walking towards me.
"Dude dont. She meant no harm, it was a joke right" Logan tried to calm him down.
"Yeah just a joke sir" I say agreeing with Logan.
"Get.the.fuck.out.of.my.sight" he said in a tone which made me tremble a bit due to fright.
I wasted no time in getting out of there. I was so scared and knew I would face the consequences later.

James
Fuck that girl.
How dare she say that to me.
She was braver than she looked but stupid to think I would take it lightly.
As I walked towards her all I could see in her eyes was fright. She feared me and I didnt like it. I wanted to stop and tell her it was alright but the darker side of me knew she had to learn, I wanted to hurt her so badly but I couldnt bring myself to do it.

"Get.the.fuck.out.of.my.sight"

She doesn't hesitate and is gone in seconds.
Bitch.
"Dude, she was fun was it really necessary for you to get rid of her" Ethan complains.
I ignore him, I'm pretty angry at him to for saying I pay them.
Why the fuck would I pay thrm to be my friends.
I pay them to work for me but they dont have to be my friends.
What if they only hang out because I'm their boss and I pay them good money to work.
Maybe the girl is right.
"Shut up man, cant you see hes upset" Logan said
"I am not upset guys" I tell them although I'm slightly unsure as to whether that was the truth.
"Look man, you're the boss, being cold and scary is what you do, we follow your orders at work because you're the boss. Truthfully you're a dick and I say that as your friend"  logan tells me which makes me feels better knowing  he was a friend.
"And we get food" Ethan shouts like food was the most important thing.
I roll my eyes at Ethans remark, he was the most childish one out of us however when you make him snap he will bring hell on you.
"Really Ethan, do you ever stop eating"  I ask him
"Never. Let's order pizza" he declared causing me and Logan to laugh.
"And are you paying " i ask already knowing i was.
"Nah, I'm a guest in your home. It's your job to provide the food" he said as he threw himself onto the couch.
"Make yourself at home" I mumble with sarcasm.
"Thanks man , you're the best" he retorts as he switches on TV.
"Order pizza" I tell Logan and hand him some money. I did not trust Ethan to order pizza. He would end up ordering wierd combinations and losing the money.
"Ok sure. The usual?"
"Yeah, am gonna go talk to the girl"
"Be nice"

It had been a good 40 minutes since the incident and as I head up to her room, which I presumed she would be, I began to get annoyed. Both at myself and her. Myself for letting it go so easily and her for saying what she did.
I shake my head, I should just forget the innocent and tell her she will not be punished.

I opened the door and saw ....

______________________________________

Cliffhanger!