chapter 20

Two days had passed since I told him about my past, of course I didnt tell him every detail. There was so much more but I was afraid to even talk about those memories.
After we talked, his phone rang, after conversing with someone he told me he had to leave and if I was ok on my own, he suggested sending Ethan round but I had told him not too. I wanted to be on my own.
He never came back, but he rarely did.
I was a little bored but I enjoyed the quiet.

James
I hated having to leave her, especially after what she told me, I was gonna kill them all. We had originally planned to go back in two weeks and end it all but after what she said I couldnt contain my anger. Logan had rung me asking what weapons we needed and in that moment I decided I wanted to kill those bastards now.
So that leads me to my current situation,  stood surrounded by my men as we shot our way through the guards. Shooting them was to good for them but I wanted this to be done quick so i could go back to Harper and have her safely in my arms. I couldnt help smile at the thought. "James" logan shouted snapping me out of my thoughts. I didnt see it but I felt it, a bullet lodged it's way into my arms. Crap. "Fuck, we gotta get you out of here"  Logan says, his voice laced with concern. "Damn it logan pull yourself together, I'm fine.  Let's get this job done now" I say ignoring the searing pain that shot through my arm with even the smallest bit of movement.

Three hours past and the job was done. I killed those sick bastards and although I wished I could have spent longer on them I knew I had to do it quick.

I questioned the owner about Harper's past and her sick parents, he knew nothing about her parents only that they seemed to be in a rush to leave, probably because what they were doing was a crime. He was no help and just an annoyance, he angered me greatly when he taunted me about the things they did to her. I wanted to take my time and tear him limb from limb. He even tried to attack me once he saw I was weak, I responded by shooting him between the eyes. He dropped dead and I broke his neck for good measure.
There was only a few girls left in this place and they were all to scared to look up. All they knew is we rescued them. Five of my men were staying behind to make sure the girls were returned to there family.

This led me to my current situation, Sat on the plane with two of my men and Logan. My men were occupying themselves whilst Logan was pulling the bullet from my arm. It was only slightly painful as i had a few scars from bullets already. "Damn you got it stuck deep" he commented as he was finally able to reach it. Blood was now running down my arm and didnt look to be stopping. Luckily we always carried a few first aid kids on the plane so Logan managed to temporarily stitch it up.
"So what you gonna tell harper if she asks where you were" he starts to make conversation once we are sat relaxing. What was I going to tell her? I thought back to the last time we talked and felt extremely guilty for how I left things. She opened up to me and I left. "I dont know, I was so angry at what those dicks did to her I left" I tell him and he begins to laugh.  I didn't see anything funny. He suddenly becomes very serious "you're telling me she opened up to you and you just left" he said like I was joking, I wish I was. What I did was stupid and I hoped she would forgive me. "I did find a file in the owner's office though" Logan mentions after a moment of silence. I guess he was trying to change the subject however he was failing. "Of course he had files in his office, what else did he have? Pens?" I reply. "Ha ha. let me get it, I out it in my bag. It's on harper" he said and reached down to his bag. At the mention of Harper I became curious. "Boss, there is some pretty horrific things in here" logan said as he slowly handed over the file. "Did you read it" I ask not liking the thought of him knowing what's in here. "I was gonna but I couldnt get past the first page,  I felt sick and personally we should burn that file"

I opened the file and one look made me wish I could kill them all again. What I saw was horrific and I new logan was right, the file had to be burned