chapter 29

At first I was scared to open it but after working up the courage I eventually opened it only to see a piece a paper. At first I was confused until I saw what was on the paper.

I had seen it before, they always used to taunt me with it, telling me that they owned me.

James had given me the paperwork in which he signed the day he rescued me.
I was free.
"Harper" he called bringing me from my thoughts. I look at him to see him holding a lighter. "Wanna burn it" he asks and I nod. There would be nothing else i would rather do right now. "Ok, let's do it in the bathroom" he said and took me inside. "This is gonna be dangerous" he said as he turned the taps on. "Can you do it" I ask, although I desperately wanted to do it, I had a fear of fire. "Of course" he took the papers from me and lit them. We watched as the flames engulfed the paper, finally he threw the remaining of the blackened letter into the sink were it disintegrated. "Thank you James" I say and highly him tightly. "You dont need to thank me, I never considered you mine, I just wanted to make it official " he said, his arms wrapped tightly around mine. "Thank you, this has been the best day ever" I couldnt help but thank him again. "Dont mention it, I'm pretty sure logan and Ethan are gonna come drag you downstairs if you dont get down" he said. I nod and we leave my room, I coukdnt stop smiling. "I'll be in my office if you need me" he tells me in which I frown. There was no way he was missing this. "No please come" i say hoping he would change his mind. "You hated me yesterday,  you dont have to pretend to like me because i gave you those papers" he said sadly. "I..i never h...h..hated you" i couldnt help but stutter. "Then why didnt you want to go back to how things were" he asks getting annoyed. "Because I started to like you more than a friend and it was wrong, you owned me. I couldnt take the risk" I explain and their was a pause. Silence. I was scared of his response.  His facial expressions didnt give anything away. "That's the only reason why" he asks after a long pause. I nod hoping to drop this conversation. "I like you more than a friend Harper" he tells me making me shocked. How.

"Be mine"