chapter 54

It's been two weeks now, Harper was still hooked up to dozens of machines and in the hospital bed. I barely left her side, I left only to shower and change clothes, but only if was forced too. If I had it ny way, I wouldn't leave her side. Max had forced me to leave a few times now and I hated it. Max visited as often as he could but I knew he felt an immense amount of guilt every time he saw her, I did too at first seeing the cuts and her hair. It painted me to know it was partially my fault.

Logan had taken charge of mafia stuff and updated ne every few days, ethan had taken charge of my legal businesses and would also report back to me every few days. Knowing that they willingly took on these roles made me grateful to have such good friends.

"So I got your favourite cookies" I say walking into the room. I had just been down to the hospital cafe to get myself a coffee and I saw they sold harpers favourite cookies and I just felt I had to buy them.
"You know if you wake up I might consider sharing them with you" I say sitting down in the chair what was positioned next to her bed, I had been sat in that chair for 2 weeks, only leaving it when necessary, hell I even slept in it.
"I think max is coming later so if you're not awake he will probably eat them all"
I hear a chuckle and turn around to see the dr. "Bribing her isnt gonna make her wake up" he tells me. "Then what will" I ask rather impatiently. "Time, but she is doing well and I believe we are to expect her to wake up soon" he says which gives me hope. "Very well, how are her results" I ask remembering yesterday they ran more tests on her.
"Like I said all is good, she lost alot of blood as you know but my main concern is what will happen when she wakes, she did in fact hit her head when she passed out. The blunt force trauma may have impaired her memory or even caused long term memory loss" he tells me. I knew the possibilities already and even though I should be sad that she may not remember me, forgetting the past month may be what's best for her.
"Very well" I say however moments later i am left shocked, happy and upset.
"Who are you" I turn and see Harper laid down looking at me. She was awake. She was finally awake. "Harper you're awake" I say and reach for her hand. She pulls away though and I feel my heart shatter, she doesnt remember me.

"I'm sorry but I dont know you"