chapter 17

A few days had past since the doctor visited harper and although she was slowly getting better I was still concerned. I made her stay in bed the first two days as I knew it would help her recover quicker. Yesterday I allowed her to walk about however I made sure she didnt do anything, she was weak and I didnt want her to tire herself. I could tell she was getting bored so I now had the task of finding her something to do. I was aware that I was to caring towards her, I knew I shouldn't care about her. I shouldnt have wasted my time with doctor but I did. I hate this feeling, the feeling of having a weakness. I had to get rid of it and quick.

Harper
I was bored, although the feeling of being cared for felt nice I couldnt help but feel it was wrong. He shouldnt care for me, I had been ill before and no one cared for me then, so he shouldnt. He brought me breakfast,  lunch and dinner for the first two  days, it consisted mainly of soup and cereal. I managed to convince him to let me walk about and although he still made me meals I was glad to walk.
"Harper"
It was 10am and I had finished my breakfast and gone back up to change out of my pyjamas and into some clothes, I quickly finished tying my hair back as I heard him approach.
"Yes sir" I reply as my door is slammed open. He looked angry. Very angry. "I'm done caring for you, get yourself better or don't, I dont care" he said his voice laced with hate and disgust. "Yes sir" I reply, I was expecting this and it was a relief it came now rather than later, I didnt want to risk trusting him. "I'm going out, I want the house cleaned top to bottom by the time I'm back " he snarled before walking out slamming the door behind him.
I took a deep breath and began to get to work. As I made my way through the rooms I noticed alot of things had been trashed and furniture had been knocked over. I was unsure at what to do with some furniture like the sofa because I wasnt able to lift it and turn it the right way.

James
Fuck everything.  I was beyond angry, I was just sat in my office thinking of ways to get rid of my weakness, I knew I wouldnt be able to get rid of her so I would have to keep her around. I was lost in thought when my phone rang. I picked it up expecting it to be Logan complaining about Ethan not sharing food, they were currently on a stakeout, watching a known enemy but I wasnt prepared for a confrontation today, I had planned a day of paperwork and maybe seeing Harper. "Sir we got spotted my zack, turns out hes been watching us too" logan told me and this pissed me off but nothing I couldnt handle, people are always watching me, even in the legal business world. "He knows about Harper " logan continued making me go from moderately pissed to full on anger. I was so annoyed, I hung up and began blowing off steam onto anything in spite. How dare he talk about her, if he even so much as came near her I would run him through. Nobody touches what's mine. After breaking a few things I made a decision, I had to distance myself from Harper so she wouldnt become a target. Maybe it was the perfect opportunity to get rid of her as my weakness.