chapter 41

"Comfy" I ask as I walk into her room. She was wrapped tight in the duvet and the blanket was set on the bed, acting as a throw. "Yes" she replied watching my every movement. She was afraid. I knew I had to reassure her that I would not harm her. Ever. It just hurt me that I had to do it.

"I'll never hurt you Harper, I promise you are safe with me. I wont let anyone hurt you ever again" I tell her and she looks at me with skepticism. She takes a deep breath, like she was making up her mind on whether to trust me. "Promise" she asked. "Yes, I promise" I say and then theres nothing, neither one of us talk for a good few minutes. 

"H...he d..did s..stuff t..to m..me" she stuttered with tears in her eyes. "Richard or James" I ask. I was unclear on who she meant. She had been living with james for quite a while so she could easily mean him. "Richard" she looks down sadly. "I promise I'm nothing like him" I say and hold her while she cries into me. "J..James h..hates me n..now" she cried and it hurt me to hear this. From talking to james earlier I could see that his love for her was infinite.  He would always love her. With aria it was blind love,if anything it was lust but with Harper I could see just from a 5 minute conversation that she was his world and he knew what he was doing.

"He could never hate you" I tell her hoping she would believe me. "I couldnt answer him though and he looked angry" she replies. I was confused at this so I asked her to explain.  She told me how a man took her from james office. She told me how he hestitated and what richard had said to her and how james reacted.

I understood his reaction, he didnt want to do something careless but ended up doing it anyway.
"What did Richard do to you" I ask hoping she would tell me. "H..he t...t..touched m..me  in p..places" she whispered so quietly but I heard. I was beyond angry at hearing this. I wanted to kill him, in fact I would. Wait, does she know hes her father. I hope not or that would make things so much worse for her. "I..i always t..thought h...he was just another p...perverted g..guard but turns out hes my f...father" she said, her voice shaky. She knew. "You know" I ask and she nods and goes on to explain the nightmares, how she asked james to find them, how logan didnt trust her, basically all of today's events.

It was alot to take in but I was glad to know. I was happy she some what trusted me. "I found out after I put the mannequin in my parents car, richard he mentioned it." I told her and tighten my hug in fear she would disappear. "If I had of known you were alive I would have searched, hell I'd have gone to the end of the world and back just to find you but they told me you were dead, that there was an accident." I say as tears well up in my eyes. "Thank you" she mumbles as she yawns.
"How about you sleep and we talk more tommorow" I say knowing she would fall asleep any minute now anyway. "Ok" and with that she falls onto the pillow and closes her eyes.
I leave the room and then the apartment. I wanted to scream and punch something but I couldnt do it inside because Harper would hear. "Fucking bastard" I scream and hit the wall.

I walk back in like nothing happened,  my knuckles were red and soon bruised but I didnt care. My thoughts turned to James, he would give my parents power even if they dont have her because he doesnt know she is safe. I get out my phone and call him.
"What the fuck do you want" I hear logan say and I roll my eyes.
"Where is james" I ask making sure it was him I was calling.
"Hes not in the right state of mind now. He has killed alot of the guys you're parents sent to watch, the house is destroyed. Where the fuck did your parents take her" he shouts. "They didnt take her" I say as I grab a can of beer from the fridge. "Look I placed a mannequin in a body bag and put it in their car, harper is with me. She is safe" I tell logan and I hear him sigh with relief. "Location now" he snaps. "Well clearly you just said james isn't in a right state of mind" I say not wanting to risk Harper's safety. "You're right" he says which surprises me. "I will tell him that you took her to a safe location and your parents dont have her and that once everything bas settled he can see her" logan said. "Yeah, tell him that however please stop calling them my parents. They are nothing to me. Not after what they did to Harper" I tell him. "Yeah selling her was pretty fucked up" he replied. "That's not the half of it. They fucking lied to me saying she was dead. Dead!! They hurt her even once they sold her and they were going to kill her once James had given them power"  I try not to shout but I fail. "Fuck, that's messed up. You know then, that's shes your..." he trails off. "Yeah I know shes my sister and I dont plan on letting anyone hurt her again. When I was 9, they told me she died by an accident. I cried for weeks, if I'd have known she was alive I would have looked for her. She was my best friend" i tell him and I notice my voice cracking at the end. Tears started to run down my face.
"Who tf are you talking to" I hear James shout from the other end of the line. "Max, he has Harper, shes safe. You will get her back once you are calm and this shit has died down. He will protect her dont worry" I hear Logan tell him. I guess james wasnt happy with the response because he was now shouting at me. I didnt pay any attention though until he stopped. "Promise me you wont hurt her" he says. "I promise, my parents they know I have her. I didnt tell them but they figured out I replaced her with a mannequin. If you give me your email address I'll email you all the locations that I know about" I tell him. He was hurt too and I wanted them dead. He was about to reply but a scream interrupted us. Harpers scream. He obviously heard it too.

"What are you doing too her" he asked as I hurriedly made my way to her room. "Nothing shes asleep" I say a little confused as to why she screamed. "Fuck, shes having a nightmare. If shes still asleep wake her. Tell her you wont leave her. Stay with her. Dont push her to tell her what happened. She likes hot chocolate,  that works sometimes. Dont make it too hot though, if it burns her I'll kill you. Make sure shes ok and..." he started to ramble on about what I should do. I ignored it though, I could handle this. "I'll call you back" and with that I rush inside. Seeing her like this is painful. She is tossing and turning and crying. "James" she shouts and it breaks my heart. "No,please you promised you wouldnt leave me" she shouts again
I have to wake her up before she feels anymore pain. The dream was hurting her alot and I wanted to take all the sadness she was feeling away. "Harper" I shake her gently and her eyes snap open and tears flow down her face.  "hey its me, I got you" I say and sit on the bed. I hold her as she cries and rub her back in a effort to calm her.  It works slightly but I'm afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing. "He left me, he told me he never loved me. He said I deserved to be with my parents, that I deserved nothing less than a painful death" she cried into me and it broke my hear hearing her say this. The way he reacted when he found out it was a nightmare showed how much he cared.
"Harper he loves you, never think differently" I tell her and just as I say this my phone rings. It was obviously James. "Want to talk to him, I was on the phone telling him how you were safe when you screamed" I explain and she nods. I answer the call and put it on speaker.

"Is she ok, you didn't push her to talk did you. Is it bad. She didnt hurt herself did she. You better have comforted her" james starts clearly very worried. Then the thought hits me, Harper could hear everything so I could get james to say he loves her then she would be reassured. "Shes better now, it was about them and you" I say not even bothering to give them names.
"Again" he mumbles and I look to Harper who is cuddled up with the blanket and listening to the conversation but shes also falling asleep. "Could you tell her that I'm sorry. I never meant to hesitate. You know I just got worried for a moment she would be another Aria. I couldnt help it when he said again.  It killed me to know. I was so lost in my thoughts that I let her be taken, I wanted to rip out their throats but I didn't and I'm soo sorry please tell her this minus the throat ripping she wouldnt be very happy I dont think. Also tell her I love her so much that it hurts not knowing where she is. Please make sure she knows I love her. Please" hearing him say this made me want to give him our location and for him to come here but my parents arent stupid they will now have someone watching his movement to see where he goes. I couldnt risk it. "You kinda just told her yourself, we are on speaker" I say looking over too Harper who is smiling slightly.

"Harper, are you really there, please just say something. Anything is fine, you can tell me how much of a jerk I am just please say something " he said and I could tell he was desperate to hear her.

"I'll make you a hot chocolate" I say excusing myself from the conversation.

So from this chapter its obvious that the parents are messed up and awful but I wanted to create them to be as horrible as possible but I dont want to go into details as it's not great to write about.

His Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें