chapter 10

Harper
A few days had past and we had gone back to the original house. James was barely ever in, he would be around in the morning but in the afternoon he disappeared and never came back, a few times I had heard him come in after midnight. I didnt mind, it was peaceful, as long as I did my assigned jobs, he didnt mind what I did.
I took this as an opportunity to read, I wasnt good at it but I loved the fact that when I was reading it was like being in a different universe. Today was different though, after he left I decided to watch a movie. I dont remember the last time I had watched one. I was excited but I still felt like I was breaking a rule.

A few hours had past and watching one movie had turned into watching several.
"What are you watching"
I hear his deep voice ask. He was here, he is never here. I get up from my spot on the floor, I still wasnt comfortable sitting on the furniture. "I'm not sure, sir" I reply forgetting what was playing. He nodded and walked out. I took a deep breath relieved that he didnt push the questions further. The feeling of relief was short loved however when he came back in several minutes later, a bowl of popcorn was present in his arms. He sat down on the sofa putting the bowl on the coffee table. "Come sit up here" he motioned parting the sofa next to him. I was physically unable to move. I hated when he asked me to sit on the chairs in the kitchen at breakfast. I would always comply but this time I couldnt. Something felt wrong about sitting next to him whilst watching a film. I guess he realised this however instead if ignoring me, he grabbed a bunch of cushions and blankets and placed them on the floor, then he joined me.

James.
I was so busy this week that I didnt have much time to see Harper. I was never a fan of breakfast but since I got her all I could think about was having breakfast with her. I looked forward to seeing her smile.
Today I had managed to beat the answer out of a traitor so I had come back early, Harper was sat on the floor watching a film.
"What you watching" I ask, it was surprising to see her in here and not in the library like most days. "I'm not sure, sir" she replies. I roll my eyes and walk out. Maybe I'll go out tonight, a strip club sounds like fun. Sophie had annoyed me a few days ago so I no longer had a regular hook up girl.  I was about to call up Logan and Ethan however my mind wanders back to Harper.
I find myself making popcorn and sitting with her, after she didn't sit on the sofa I moved to the floor.
We watched the film and at the end of it I notice she had fallen asleep on me. I picked her up and carried her to her room. She was light as a feather and it concerned me, I made a mental note to speak to her about the things she went through. 
"Sweet dreams, harper" I say tucking her in and kissing her forehead.