chapter 52

Harper

It had been a week now since I ate, I was starving and could barely move. I was tired but couldn't sleep due to fear. I had given up on james almost, the key word almost. There was times where I believed he wasnt coming but other times I knew he was.
The door slammed open and I held my breath in fear.  Not knowing what to expect. 
A lightbulb flickers on and I cringe at the memories of my past life trying to resurface.
A girl is stood in front of me. I notice her hair was roughly cut, she definitely needs a new hair dresser, I also notice the look of anger on her face. I couldnt help but voice my opinions though "you need a new hairdresser" she get angrier at this buy it felt good.

"Your ex boyfriend did this sweetie" she snarls. Ex? "Hes not my ex" I say. "Well I'd say he was, hes moved on to me" she says which I dont believe. "Then he must hate being with you if he cut your hair that bad" I laugh at my own remark. "Not at all, it was a dare after he did this we made out, I even pleasured him in ways" she grins. "I...I dont believe you" I tell her even if I had a few doubts. "Well that's your choice" she shouts and pulls out a knife. I try to pull myself away but I was to weak and she slides it across both arms cutting my arms till they bleed. "Pathetic bitch" she says as I fall to the ground. She begins to kick me and finally cuts my hair unevenly with the knife.
"Please no more" I shout but she doesnt listen and cut into my legs, tearing my jeans.  So much so theres barely anything left.
I started to see black but the last thing I could think of was James, would he find me or was she telling the truth.

Sam's pov ( sam is the kidnapper and also the guy who came to see her whilst in the basement)

I needed money. My little sister was dying. I recklessly entered into a deal with aria. She seemed harmless at the time, told me she wanted me to help her get back with her ex in exchange she would give me 1 million. I agreed and a contract was signed. If she had told me back then I would have to kidnap an innocent girl I wouldnt have signed. After I was made to kidnap her, the arguing started. I tried to protect the girl, me and aria would argue daily, me trying to stop aria from harming her. I couldnt live with myself if I let an innocent girl get severely injured.  I told her that the fear of not knowing when we would hurt her would drive her crazy, but I would go down whenever I could to check on her, always with food. I never spoke to her until the other week. Aria left a week ago but she changed the locks do I couldnt feed her. She didnt trust me.
Today she finally came back and damn she looked a mess, blood dripped from her arm, her hair was messily cut and she stormed upstairs. An hour later she came down looking slightly better as she had stitched herself up. "I'm gonna kill that bitch" she screamed and entered the basement locking it before I could stop her.

It's been hours and I can still hear her screams. I couldnt do this. I was to blame. I had to help her. I run upstairs and into one of the offices. I look through the drawers and find the stash of burn phones. I had no idea of any of their numbers however so taking out my phone I did a quick search of james and max. I found james company phone number. The only thing I had. I call it with the burn phone.
"Hello this is Steven speaking" a man answers.
"Hello, I have important information that James must hear" I say
"Do you have an appointment sir"
"Yes I do, we scheduled an over the phone call since he is busy with a few things" I lie hoping it would work.
"And may I ask who this is" he asks. Damn he asks to many questions.  Think sam. "I'm a architect,  u was asked to design a few new building ideas" I tell him and he paused. "Very well I'll put you through to him."
I was relieved. A few rings later james answered. "Who is this, I cancelled all business appointments" he said in a deadly calm voice. I was about to explain everything when I heard aria call me. Fuck. "177  edan road. Come now, shes torturing Harper" I rush out. "Who tf is this" he shouts but I end the call as i here her outside the door. I quickly slide the burn phone into my pocket right before she enters.
"The bitch passed out, I'll continue later its fun to hear her screams" she explained.  "Brilliant idea" I cringed and felt sick at what I said. Hopefully james hurries tf up.

Ok soooo aria is a bitch. 😤😤