chapter 19

"Harper what did they do to you"

His words spun round in my head. The words brought back memories that I couldnt bare to tell. Vivid images of what they did to me came into my mind making me feel sick. Tears began to run down my face and I found myself struggling to breath.
"Fuck" I heard him curse but I couldnt respond, I had to focus on breathing.
"Harper,  its gonna be ok, I'm here, they cant hurt you anymore. I got you" he said as he wrapped his arms around me.
I knew it was wrong but I needed comfort right now so I wrapped my arms around him and just cried.

After a while my crying seized to exist. I felt embarrassed, I had just cried on him and I'm sure I damaged his shirt.

Wait wasnt this a rule. I'm pretty sure it was a rule.
"I hope you know I'm not gonna hurt you like they did. I would like to know but if you dont feel like telling me just now, I will wait till you are ready"
I took a deep breath, maybe if I talk about it, it will get easier. I noticed he was stood holding me, tight but not tight enough to hurt me. What if I tell him and he realises he has treated me too good and starts being like they did.
Well here goes nothing.
"I'm ready" I whisper and he nods in response.
Wait he nodded, he doesnt like nodding.
"You nodded" I exclaim
"I did, I was afraid if I spoke I would say something I would soon regret" he mumbled and led me out into the living room.
We sat down and he made sure i was close to him, he held me and waited patiently for me to begin.
"Well you probably know already my parents sold me to them, I guess they never loved me--" I started but was interrupted by his voice "they did what, how dare they, fucking lousy excuse for parents" he was angry and it scared me to think what his response would be to what happened after. Maybe he would calm down and agree with what they did to me.
"Yeah I guess they were, anyway at first it wasnt to bad, I got sold a few times, the first one allowed me food and taught me stuff, then I got returned, they were so angry that they couldnt get rid of me that they beat and starved me. After that I was sold a few more times, each worse than the last. I tried to run away, I tried to fight back, I tried to scream for help, all resulted in a worse punishment." I explained, tears ran down my face and I couldnt help myself, I simply buried my head in his chest and cried.
"Harper what stuff did this man teach you" he asked, by the tone of his voice it seemed like he was trying to mask his anger. Maybe I shouldnt have cried on him, I probably ruined his shirt.  "A little writing, reading and basic maths" I reply after lifting my head up, not wanting to damage his shirt anymore.  He looked confused then angry. "How old were you when your parents sold you" he asked. "4, my parents didnt really see the point in me learning much" I reply. "Sick bastards" he cursed. He then looked down at me, my tear stained face must have looked a mess. "What kind of punishments" he slowly asked. "Anything they could think of, I was like a experiment, to see how long it would take for me to die" I admitted, they once told me that they were gonna see how long I could last till I died. " they caljed you disobedient" he stated. "I fought back when they would rape me" I whispered. He tended and his whole facial and body expressions changed, I guess he was done holding back. "I'm gonna kill them, how dare they, I'm gonna shred them, tear they body up into tiny pieces " he shouted. He was no longer sitting instead he was stood, his fists were clenched tightly.
"Please calm down sir"
This man I was scared of but the one who I had a food fight was not scary. I found it slightly funny that they were the same person.
He looked at me, his eyes pierced mine and I felt like curling up and pretending he was not there.
"You are scared of me" he said and sat down. "Only when you are like this" I tell him hoping he would understand. "You have nothing to fear, I will never hurt you"
I wanted to trust him but part of me was hesitant. He was into some dodgy stuff if he was at that place, he must also be s criminal to talk about killing so easily.
"Do you buy people often" I ask not knowing how to phrase it.
He looked taken back, hurt even.
"Harper you are the first. Buying people isnt my thing. I was there because I heard of what that place does. We watched the place for a while. The business trip I was on was a stake out, we were going to end their business once and for all. Only problem was we forgot to do a check to see how many guards we were facing so I went in, pretending I wanted to buy some girls. I never intended on buying you, I saw you and I knew straight away I had to protect you from all the badness in the world"