chapter 39

Harper

As soon as I saw them flashbacks clouded my vision. I shuddered and fear consumed me. How could these monsters be my parents. Tears filled me eyes as I started to relive the moment I met my so called father in a dark cell when I was 8.

"Hello sweetie, we meet again"  he says in a sickly sweet tone. I felt like puking just hearing him talk. Why wasnt James stopping him. The man holding me took me towards the woman who was supposed to be my mother. James did nothing. I suddenly felt like my dreams were coming  true. He was going to let them take me, he didnt love me. He probably never did.
*bang*
I look up and see Logan had shot the man who had grabbed me, he took the laptop from the man and looked towards james.
"Please James, please. You promised you wouldnt let them hurt me" I tried to beg and it seemed like it worked as he stepped forward. His gun now pointed at them and a dark look in his eyes made me cower back a little.

"What did he mean by again" he asked, I looked down at this, I was to scared to tell him. To ashamed of how I wasnt strong enough to escape. I couldnt tell him. He would hate me. I didn't want to lose him.
"Harper" he warns and I couldnt help but burst into tears.  I couldnt face him. How was I suppose to tell him. "Let's go sweetie, we have alot to catch up on" my supposed father said and the tears fell more

"Father, let me take her"  another man walked in. He smirked at James whilst james looked like he wanted to kill the man. Father? He called him father.  That means hes my brother.
No. No. He will just be the same as his father. He will hurt me. I was thrown into the mans arms and he quickly dragged me out.
He let go of me after we were outside. I could try run, but if he caught me I would definitely be dead. "I knew James would fuck up everything.  Dont worry I'm not going to hurt you" he said and walked to a car. I followed him not knowing what else to do. I definitely didnt want to go back in the house. He opened the door of the car and took out a bag. The bag had something inside.
Oh crap. It was a body bag. Oh my god, he's going to kill me too. "Dont worry, it's just a mannequin. Get in my car and stay crouched down. I'm gonna put this in my parents car then we will get out of here. I cant let you go back inside as my father has people watching this place" he explained and showed me that it was in fact a mannequin.  I did as he said not wanting him to get angry.

Max
James always finds a way to fuck ip a situation. Thats why I came here. I couldnt let me parents corrupt or harm another innocent girl. Granted aria wasnt innocent but she became alot worse after my parents. This girl, harper she was innocent and I knew I had to protect her from my parents. I had a plan. I grabbed a mannequin from a store that was going out of business and put it in a body bag. It was a back up plan for when James screwed up.
And he did.
It was a mess.

"Let's go sweetie, we have alot to catch up on" I heard my father say as I walked in. His sickly sweet voice made me want to puke. His intentions were definitely not good. I knew I had to protect her at all costs. Even if I had to protect her from james too, he looked angry, not just at me or my parents but at everyone even Harper. I wouldnt let him turn Harper into one of us.
So here I am, putting a mannequin in the back of my parents car. All to protect Harper.  I couldnt let her go back in because my parents werent stupid. They had men watching this place in case something happened and honestly even if they didnt I wouldnt allow Harper back in when James was so angry.
"Shes in the back, wouldnt stop crying do knocked her out" I tell my father as he appears next to me. He opens it and I held my breath hoping this would work. He grunts and shuts the door. "Good work son" he says making me want to punch him. How was kidnapping a innocent girl good work. "Richard,  we need to get rid of that thing soon" mother says in disgust.
"Yes we will but first we get our power from james then we kill the stupid bitch" richard replies looking darkly at the door he just shut. It dawned on me, they were going to kill her...well not anymore. "Why kill her, why not just get power and give her back" I say and both my parents look at me like I've gone insane. "Because max, your darling sister is trouble and pretty worthless. Also hearing her scream makes me feel so happy" my dad said. He was definitely messed up. Hearing screams of pain is not fun. Wait. Sister? No she cant be.
"Sister?" I ask
"Yes, we sold her when she was 4, she was distracting you from training" richard said. I couldnt even think of him as a father anymore.
"Fine, kill her not like she meant anything" I say my voice holding no emotion. I wanted to rip them into pieces but I couldnt. They were both so much stronger than me and would kill me first. Then they would find Harper.  I couldnt let that happen, not now.
"Meet you later, I got a gun trade in 40 minutes" I say and go to my car. I look back and see Harper sat on the floor of the car crying. How could they even think of  hurting her. Just the thought of someone else hurting her makes me want to kill them.  "Stay down. My plan worked. I'm going to take us to my apartment" I say and she looked up at me her eyes filled with tears "yes sir" she replies and I cringe at the fact she called me sir.
"Its max not sir" i say and she looks at me in shock. "You're max" she asks. Wait she knows me. Does she know I'm her brother. "Yes, why do you ask" I reply as I start driving. "James mentioned you once or twice" she mumbles and I sign. Of course he did. I probably seem like a monster now. "Why didnt he stop them, he promised me he wouldnt let them hurt me" she says tears flooding her eyes. "He was in shock I guess. My parents really hurt him. Did he tell you the full story"  I ask and she shakes her head. "I'll tell you once we get to my apartment.  It's not far away. Sorry you have to stay sat like that, just my parents have people" I say feeling worried that she might get hurt. "Its ok, can I sleep" she asks. Clearly the events that have taken place have tired her out. "Yes of course harper. I'll wake you up once we get there"

I drove in silence thinking about Harper, my little sister. When I was 9, my parents took her to the park. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.  I couldnt go to the park though because my parents wanted me to train. They had gotten me a trainer, he made me work out so much that my bones always ached. I was jealous that day because I wanted to play with my sister, but my parents had been trying to split us up for a long time. I can still remember them coming home saying there was an accident and she died. Looking back I should have seen the signs. They never cried like a parent would do, back then I just thought they were being strong for me but now sitting here in the car, driving my sister to my apartment,  I now know why they dodnt cry. She was never dead. They just wanted rid of her.

Opinions on max ?