chapter 35

James

I woke up with Harper pressed against me. At some point in the night we had moved closer to each other, if that was even possible and now we were entwined. I looked down and like every morning I thought of how lucky I was to just be here with her, I still cant believe we were together. A few days after we got together she moved into my room and since then I've slept so much better and I know she has too.
I didnt want to move but my phone started ringing. I reached over to decline the call. It was logan, he knew not to call me so early in the morning so something must be wrong. I pick it up and reluctantly get out of bed and leave the room. I didnt want to wake my sleeping angel.
"You better have a good reason ligan" I say already impatient.
"Max contacted me"
Just hearing his name made and punch the nearest thing which happened to be the wall. It left a dint which added to a collection. "What did the fucker want" I say as calmly as possible. "He wants to talk to you about aria"  logan said and that was enough for me. How dare he. I wanted to kill them both, I wanted to kill his stupid little gang, his whole family...and I will.

"Tell him to meet me at parco di legno rosso in 2 hours" I say, my Italian coming through. Usually when I'm angry I speak or rather shout in Italian and also when I'm dealing with some shitheads out on the street and in business meetings, I make sure I keep it away from home though. I could practically hear Logans heart rate quicken upon hearing my voice. "Y..yes b..boss" he replies, i wasnt overly fond of the stuttering when it came to my friends but I was to angry to tell him otherwise. "Anything else" I ask and he tells me no so I hang up.

I turn to see Harper looking at me. Fuck. "tesoro torna a letto" (sweetheart go back to bed) I say but all she does is look at me like I've grown 3 heads. Why wasnt she doing what I said. She looked scared and confused however I was in no mood to be disobeyed even by her "adesso" (now)  I shout trying hard not too hit the wall again. "James I cant understand you" she says softly. Only then do I realize I'm still speaking italian. That made me feel crap knowing it wasnt her fault and I got impatient for nothing. "Sorry sweetheart,  I didnt realize I was still speaking it" I say and open my arms. She comes closer and I instantly wrap my arms around her. As soon as I do, my anger disappeared, I know longer felt hatred for everything, I just wanted to hold her forever. "How about we get breakfast" I suggest. She looks up and only then do I see tears in her eyes. Oh fuck.  I've hurt her. I'm so stupid. "I'm sorry for getting angry, please dont cry, I'm sooo sorry" I try to comfort her but it doesnt seem to be working. After some time of just holding her she starts to speak.

"I had a nightmare,  I never saw there faces in my dream but they were my parents, they took me away, you were there, you told me you didnt love me and I was better off with them" at hearing this I felt broken. I would never let her parents near her, those fuckers couldnt even be considered parents. "That will never happen,  you're stuck with me for eternity" I say trying to shed some light onto the topic. "I want to fi d my parents, I just want to know why they did what they did. Maybe if I knew it wouldnt hurt so bad" she said and I could tell she was trying g her best to not cry. I understand why she would want to find her parents.  I would protect her from them however it might help her recover from something that clearly troubles her. "Ok but we will meet them together, I can send some DNA to my men and they will trace it if you want" I tell her and she nods
"thank you"

So ik I rarely update but just got a lot on. This was a quick chapter written whilst I'm half asleep so theres probs lots of errors but its 1am and I dont have the energy to check. Few more chapters left and I will ens it.