chapter 26

"Harper please, I'm sorry"
He had come up not so long ago and was now outside the room. I wanted so bad to open the door but I was scared of what he would do.
"Harper you have to understand this is my job, it is what I do"
He kills people, he is violent, he freaking bought me.
"Fuck sake harper, if you're gonna behaviour like a pathetic child then do so. I dont care anymore" he shouted extremely loud. There was silence and then a long sigh. "I'm sorry, I wasnt good enough for you. I hope we can talk about this Harper but until then I'll leave you alone" he sounded so sad and it hurt to hear him like that. Soon after he was done I heard footsteps and I figured he must have left.

James

I tried to apologise but I only made it worse. I called her a pathetic child for god sake. She will never forgive me. I walk into my office and distract myself with illegal and legal work.
"I'm home" I hear someone shout. I stepped out of my office and saw Ethan looking a little guilty. "What is it ethan" I ask slightly irritated. "Food, where is my bestie" he said referring to Harper. It annoyed me when he called her his. She was mine. "We had a arguement, now isnt the best time" I explain. "Nonsense, her birthday is in a few days and I still gotta try find out what to get her" he said and came upstairs. Instead of coming to me he went straight to Harper's I ignored it and went straight back to paperwork.

"Ethan no"

I heard her scream. What the hell had ethan done to her, I swear if he has hurt her in anyway I will kill him. I get up from my chair and quickly make my way to her room, the door now open and Ethan was trying to get her up from laid on the bed. She wasnt hurt, thank god. "I think you should leave Ethan" I advise knowing it would be hard to actually get her out of her room. "I'm not leaving until my bestie comes out" he says looking determined. I rolled my eyes at this, neither were hurt so I just walked out hoping it was the right decision.

Harper
I couldnt bare looking him in the eyes when he entered. Ethan tried to pick me up and take me out the room but I told him no, obviously a little to loud. "James said you had a arguement" ethan said flopping down onto the bed. "Sort of" I say not wanting to talk much about it. "What happened" he asked and I responded by telling him everything, I needed to get this out. I told him about the arguement, about the shooting and how I felt towards james.
"You like him" he declared at the end, like that was the only thing he took from it. "I used too" I reply not quite sure how I felt about him
"Well he likes you, more than aria I would say. Yes it's our jobs but only the guilty get punished" ethan explained. Who was aria? I had heard a bit about her before. "Its not my place to tell but just know she broke his heart" Ethan said and left.