Chapter two

Halfway through my day so far and I feel like a zombie. I grab an extra strong coffee and check what I have to do next.

Oliver Daniels. Oh no!
That guy really freaks me out. I never judge my patients but this guy really scares me. I fear him more than the hand.
I grab his notes and head to his room.

The reason I find Mr Daniels so terrifying is because he is a murderer.
This is my second session with him and I'm hoping he'll actually talk this time. Last time,he stayed silent for the full hour.
I took my time down the hallway to his room,trying to calm myself to give him the impression that he can't intimidate me.

I got to the door and did a few breathing exercises to help me relax. 'He's in a straight jacket and can't do anything to hurt me' I repeated to myself in my head.

I opened the door and walked in. He sat there staring straight at the wall ahead of him,not even acknowledging my presence.
"Good afternoon" I smiled politely.
No response.
"Ok,before we start,it would be appreciated if you could look at me while I'm talking to you" I said firmly but still kindly.
He grunted and turned his head towards me.
"Alright Mr Daniels ,I would like you to go back to the 11th of October and remember as much of it as you can and in your own time,I'd like you to recall what happened" I spoke calmly when on the inside I wanted to run away.
He just looked at me blankly.
"Mr Daniels ...." I started.
He let out a huff and I could tell from his expression that he was thinking.
Wow he actually did what I told him.
"When you're ready" I pushed when I saw him look blank again.
"Do what you want,I ain't speaking to you! I'm not crazy"
His voice was deep and intimidating.

"I'll ask you again,what happened on the 11th of October?"
I tried to hide the fact I was running out of patience.
"No,you asked what I remember,and I decided I don't remember anything." He smirked.
Ugh that smirk. It was the kind of smirk that could make anyone run a mile.
I wanted to walk away so badly but I had to stay firm and show him he doesn't scare me. Even though he does. He really does.
"I'm not leaving until this session is over. If you wish to do as I've asked of you,by all means please do so,it's for your own good."
He just scoffed and looked away.

———

The session finally ended. Phew!
We sat in silence the whole rest of the session. It's times like this where I can't understand why I would go for a job like this. 'No! I don't just give up' I told myself. I really need a drink.

I called my friend, Alicia.
"Hey! We're going out for a drink." I said,not really giving her a choice.
"Wow girl slow down" she laughed
"I'll be there,see you soon" she said and put the phone down.

*20 mins later*

I walked in and instantly spotted her in the corner. I ran up and hugged her.
"Wow it's been ages girl" she squealed.
We ordered our drinks and I told her all about my day and my session with Mr Daniels.

When I got home,I was so tired,I just got prepared for bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

4:00

*tapping*

I woke up breathing heavily and looked around.
Then I saw it again.