Chapter twelve

"What? None of this is your fault!"
Aw he shouldn't have to feel like this!
"It is! I let you help me when I should have just ran away again and then he wouldn't be after you too" he argued.
"Is this why you ran away twice?" I asked.
He didn't answer and looked away from me.
"Zac,look at me" I put my hand on his cheek and turned his head towards me.
"I WANT to help you! If I didn't,I wouldn't have brought you back every time you left"
I could see tears brimming his eyes now.
"But you didn't know what you were getting yourself into when you took me in!" He almost shouted.
"I didn't know this would happen but I did know something bad had happened to you and I was willing to help you  and I still am" I spoke,my voice firm but gentle.

"But why would you take a complete stranger into your home and bring it upon yourself to help and care for them?"

If I'm honest,I don't even know myself.

"Because I could tell you were harmless and needed my help" I finally answered.

"But how did you know I wasn't faking it?"
What Is this, an interrogation?

"Because I'm a very good judge of character,I'm a psychiatrist and you'd have to be a very good actor to fake that amount of vulnerability." I laughed lightly.

He seemed to be happy with this answer and we just sat in silence for a bit.
The comedy had ended by now so we were just sitting and enjoying each other's company.

Just then I remembered I have work today.
I grabbed my phone and dialled my bosses number.
It rang for a while and went to voicemail. Ugh he never answers his phone.
I tried again. Still no answer. Well that's just annoying.
I decided to leave a voice message.

"Hi it's Aubrey,I cant come in today,I'm ill. I'll be back tomorrow,sorry for any inconveniences."

Well that's that then.

I turned to Zac "looks like I got the day off today,what do you wanna do?" I asked.

"I dunno maybe go swimming?"
Wow seriously?
"Swimming?" I asked.
"Yeah,I used to go with my friends all the time!" He exclaimed excitedly.
"Okay sure! Let's go swimming then" I laughed.

—————————
We got to the pool and it was empty due to it being the middle of the week during work/school hours. Looks like we got the place to ourselves!
We went our separate ways to get changed and met at the pool.

"I haven't been swimming in years"
I laughed.
He gave me a smirk. Uh oh!
Before I knew it,he picked me up and jumped in,holding me.
I screamed.
"I'M GONNA GET YOU FOR THAT!!!!"
He just laughed and swam away.

I took a deep breath,went under water and swam after him. He's not getting away with what he did.
I soon caught up and went directly underneath him. I moved a little to the left and without warning, I jumped on him! Wow that was hilarious!
He finally realised what just happened and started laughing hysterically,causing me to laugh too.

We finally calmed down and kinda just moved around in the water for a bit.
We got to the shallow end and just stood in the water.
*Splash*
Oh my gosh!
"ZAC!!" I yelled,laughing as he laughed too.
Who knew he had such a fun,childish side to him.

We both stopped laughing and just stared at each other. My eyes instantly went to his stitched up arm. What happened last night is just a reminder that we live in a cruel world.

I found myself looking into his gorgeous blue eyes. They mesmerise me every time.
Before I knew what was happening,I was leaning in and so was he.
He paused just before our lips touched and looked into my eyes,then back to my lips.
Then just like that,the most amazing feeling took over me as our lips met. I closed my eyes and let the feeling take over me. People talk about fireworks but fireworks can't even compare to this feeling. What felt like hours was only a few seconds and we pulled away.

I opened my eyes and smiled. He smiled brightly back at me. He stared into my eyes again and we just stood there,enjoying the moment.

*Splash*

"OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT AGAIN!!!" I screamed.
Way to ruin the moment!
Before he could swim away,I splashed him back. If he can act like a child,then so can I!

"Hey!"
"What? You did it first! Twice!!" I giggled.
He splashed me again and before we knew it,we were having a full on water fight.

—————————
We got home and slumped down on the couch,exhausted.
It's only 2:30 in the afternoon but I'm so tired.  I didn't get much sleep last night being tied up and all. I doubt Zac did either. He looks just as tired as me,if not,more.

"Why don't you go to sleep for a bit and I'll make something to eat for when you wake up?" I asked.

"What about you?"
"What about me?"
"Don't you wanna go to sleep too?" He asked.
"Nah I'll go to sleep later. Go to bed!" I practically shooed him upstairs and went to the kitchen to make something to eat.
I decided to go easy and make a few sandwiches.
I put some on a plate for myself and put the rest in the fridge for when Zac wakes up. I took my sandwiches into the other room and turned the tv on.

While eating,I thought back to earlier today. I'd never seen that side of Zac before. He's usually so quiet and just sits there feeling sorry for himself most of the time.

Then I thought of the kiss. No man I've ever been with could make me feel so much with just one kiss. I can't even put into words how amazing it felt. Fireworks can't even describe it. Believe me,I've felt fireworks before with my ex and it was nothing compared to how I felt when Zac's lips touched mine.

My eyes started to get heavy and I gave in to sleep.

*bang*

I awoke and sat up so quickly,I felt dizzy.
What was that?!?!