Chapter nineteen

Our eyes grew wide as we stared at the masked man in front of us.

He chuckled at the sight of us and took a step closer.
"This is going to be fun" he sniggered.
He took a few more steps forward so he was standing right in front of me.

Zac moved in front of me to protect me.

"Even better"
I could see his smirk through the mask.

He grabbed onto Zac's arm and dragged him across the room as another two men came in to join.

I screamed and begged for them to let him go but they payed no attention to me.

The two new men held him down while the first one threw the first punch. They hit him again and again until Zac was coughing up blood, but they didn't stop then.

"PLEASE! STOP!! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!! DON'T HURT HIM" I cried and screamed.

To my surprise, they stopped. They looked over at me and their smirks grew.
Uh-oh!
They made their way over to me and I squirmed,trying to get out of these ropes.

Like with Zac,the two new men went on either side of me and held me down.

The other man knelt down in front of me and put his hand on my cheek.

"Such a pretty face,shame I'm going to have to ruin it"

This has got to be a nightmare. This can't be real. This stuff only happens in movies!

He took his hand off my cheek and I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact. It never came.
I opened my eyes just in time to see his fist come in contact with my stomach. I hunched over in pain and screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Shut up bitch!" The guy to my right hissed.

"No! I want pretty boy over there to hear her scream" the first guy taunted.
At the mention of Zac, I looked over at him to see his fists clenched.

Suddenly, without warning, Zac broke free of the ropes and leapt towards us. He threw the first guy away from me and punched the guy on my right.  The guy on my left backed away with his hands up.

The three of them walked out, locking the door behind them.

Zac sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. he had blood dripping down his chin which he tried to wipe off with his sleeve.
I lay my head against his chest and listened to his heart beat. It was beating fast from what just happened.

"Well done superman" I chuckled.

"What do you mean?" He laughed with me.

"I mean how you broke out of those ropes and pushed those men off me even though you're injured"

He grinned and said "well actually, I'm not as strong as you think."
He pulled out a knife and held it out in front of me so I could see it.

"One of the two men who walked in to hold me down put this in my sleeve before they made their way over to you." He said in an almost whisper,just in case anyone was listening.

"As for how I managed to get them off you,that was pure adrenaline"
He laughed while he cut the ropes around my wrists and ankles to free me.

"Well it was still very impressive" I smiled.

Wait a sec, one of the men gave Zac a knife. He's trying to help us get out! I nearly squealed at the thought, making Zac laugh at the look of excitement on my face.

"What's got you so happy?" He chuckled.

"It only just hit me,if that guy gave you a knife, it must mean he's going to help us get out!" I rushed out excitedly.

"Did you only just realise that now?" He asked with a smirk and a raised eyebrow

"Well a lot just happened, don't judge me!" I laughed.

—————————

It's been hours since those men came in here and I've tried my best to help Zac clean off the blood from his cuts. There wasn't very much I could do,being in this empty room.

We were now just laying down on the cold, hard floor. Zac had his head resting on his jacket and I had mine on his chest. It was still uncomfortable though.

I'm going to be in so much trouble at work. I've missed so much.
The problem with my job is that they can't just replace me while I'm gone because of trust and confidentiality.

I hope all my patients are okay.
Poor Katy. I haven't been to see her in a while. I hope she's been taking her pills like I told her to.

Just then I heard the lock click making us both jump up.

Neither of us were prepared to see who was standing in the doorway.

He looked directly at Zac with the most evil smirk.

"Hello son"