Chapter four

I felt like I couldn't breathe.
"excuse me for a minute"
I rushed out the room and took deep breaths to calm myself.
'He can't be the hand! He's locked in his room every night' is all I could think.
'I know! I'll check cctv'
For now though,I have to finish my session with him before I loose his trust.

I walked Back through the door and took a seat.
"Sorry about that sir,now would you like to explain to me what happened on the 11th of October?" I asked politely.

He took a deep breath and started.

"I was a very troubled teenager and I got addicted to drugs. Drugs cost money,this is probably news to no one." He laughed to himself.
"Go on"
"Alright! Well since then,I've been addicted and unable to get off them. I needed money to pay for it but I couldn't afford it anymore. I was suffering withdrawal and would do anything at this point. So when I got cornered in an alley by some dude who was willing to give me money if I did what he asked,there was no way I was gonna say no.
This dude wanted me to kill a woman named Miss Rachel knight.
I agreed and he promised to pay me £12 000 for it."
He started to shake a bit at this point.
"I'll go get you some water."

I came back with the water and motioned him to continue.

"On the 11th of October,I went to where I was told Miss knight lived and watched her from afar.
She had a son and I knew he was going to be a problem so when he left the house at lunch time,I followed him,waited until he was alone and knocked him out,leaving him behind the bins in an alleyway.
I then went back to the house and waited until the woman went to sleep. She was busy doing something on her computer until 3:30 am so I had to wait a while.
I finally got ready to do it and got ready to sneak in through the window. I was about to open the window when I heard someone shouting behind me. "Hey you!"
I turned around and saw the son. I couldn't risk anyone seeing me so I lunged at him and attempted to kill him too. After a long fight,I knocked him out again and decided it was dark and he wouldn't know what I look like when he woke up so I just left him. It was now 4:00 and I made my way inside the house. I went into her room and..."
He took a sip of water and continued.
"I stabbed her repeatedly and felt her pulse to make sure she was dead and she...um...she was" he said,starting to get a bit choked on his words. He took another sip of water and continued again.
"When I found the guy who promised to pay me,he gave me my money and told me if the police find me, I have to tell them I did it to see what it felt like. He told me if I don't say that,he would find me and kill me."
He was now full on sobbing. I'd done it. I cracked him. He wasn't as big a monster as he made himself out to be.
Then I remembered the hand.
"Thank you for opening up to me Mr Daniels,if I may,I would like to give this information into the police and have you placed into rehabilitation,you don't belong here sir,you are not insane but we do need to sort out your drug addiction.I do need to go now,I won't say anything to the police but I'd like you to think through whether you want me to say anything or not and let me know next time I see you. Goodnight sir."
He gave me a slight smile and I walked out. That was unexpected.

I then remembered about the hand again and made my way to the cctv room.
I got there and showed my badge to the security man and he nodded,letting me on the computers.
I looked through the footage from last night at 4:00 in Mr Daniels room.
What I saw shocked me.