Chapter three

I ended up staying awake until I had to get up. I just lay in bed staring at it. The hand.
It disappeared at around 6:30 but this time I noticed something different. Hand prints. On my window.
I studied them before I got dressed. The pattern of the fingerprints.
It always amazed me how everyone has a different fingerprint. It makes us different.

I have to do another session with Mr Daniels again. My boss wants me to get him to talk already and is getting impatient as am I.

I decided to go to him last and went around to my regulars to see how they are doing.
I went to see Katy Dawson.

"Hello Katy,how are you?" I asked,smiling kindly.
"I'm good,I've been taking the pills you prescribed me and I'm fine now so can I go?" She asked hopefully.

"Katy I gave them to you yesterday. They don't work that fast,sweetheart" I laughed. She smiled sheepishly. She just wants to get out of here. I don't blame her to be honest.
Her parents put her in here because she kept seeing things that weren't there. This made me think about the hand.
It looks so real but it can't be. I've checked and there's no one there.

I spoke to here a bit longer and questioned her on a few things before I left with a smile and a wave telling her I'll see her next time. She was one of my easier patients. Some were very difficult. But none of them were as difficult and terrifying as Mr Oliver Daniels.

It was my break now so I didn't have to think about him for the next hour.

"You look deep in thought" came a voice behind me. I jumped.
Oh it's only Jason.
"Sorry I didn't see you there" I laughed nervously. Jason was very sweet but he keeps trying to ask me out and doesn't seem to understand the word no. To be fair I don't say no because I feel bad but I've turned him down so many times you'd think he'd take the hint!
"I heard you got the murderer" Jason smirked.
"Yeah,he's very difficult and he's refusing to say anything!" I complained.
"Well if you go out with me tonight,I'll take him off you" he smirked again.
"That's ok thanks" I smiled.
"Are we ever going to go out? Because it feels like you're rejecting me!" He sounded annoyed now.

"Oh it's the end of my break,gotta go" I hurried out.
"Aubrey!" He called after me but I pretended I didn't hear.

My break isn't over,I've still got 45 minutes but I just wanted to get away from Jason.

I left the hospital and decided to go for a walk to calm myself a bit before going back in there and facing Mr Daniels.

I walked for a few minutes and found myself walking around the park. I love it here,it's so relaxing and very quiet at this time of day seeing as everyone is in work or at school.
I sat on the bench and just looked around for a bit.
All I could hear was the wind blowing through the trees.
Ah I could stay like this all day.

I then remembered I have a job and got up to make my way back.
As I made my way back through the park, I saw a foot coming out from behind a bush. What is it with me and seeing body parts? I was about to just run away and pretend I'd never seen anything when I heard shuffling. I walked towards the foot and saw a guy who looked around my age. He looked completely torn apart. I knelt down beside him and he looked up at me. His eyes were bloodshot, his cheeks were dripping with tears and he looked like he hadn't had a shower in a while. His hair was greasy and his clothes were dirty and ripped slightly. To say he looked awful would be a complete understatement. He just stared at me as if unsure as to why I was here. I sat down on the ground fully, partly to show him that I want to talk to him and partly because my legs were burning from the squatting/kneeling position I was in.
Normally with my patients,I have files on them so I know who they are and what happened to them or what is wrong with them. This guy was a complete stranger whom I didn't know anything about and I didn't know what to say to him.
I was trying to come up with how to ask him what happened without sounding rude or insensitive when he pulled me out of my thought and walked away.

————
I got back to the hospital and grabbed Mr Daniels' file.
I made my way to his room and entered quietly.
He was sitting in the corner, again just staring at the wall.

"Are you going to speak to me today Mr Daniels?" I asked

"How do I know I can trust you?"
Came the reply.

"I can promise you that any information you give me about the 11th of October, in this room will only be looked at by me and the staff at this hospital. If we need to inform anyone else,we would not do so without your permission."
I answered.

"Deal."
He put his hand out for me to shake.
That hand. I recognise it. The fingerprints. The shape.
I felt like I was going to pass out.