Chapter eighteen

I went into panic mode and just started firing questions at him.

"Are you okay? What did they do
to you? Did they hurt you? How long have you been here? Are you-"
I stopped when I noticed the glare he was giving me.

"Would you stop with the questions? It's your fault We're here in the first place."
He spat.

"MY fault? You left the house and I got worried so I went to find you! I should've just stayed home and not cared if you were okay or not"
My voice rose louder as I spoke.

"What are you talking about? I hid in the storage room to calm myself down and just have some time to myself to think! You're the one who left the house. When I came out,I saw the front door wide open and you weren't anywhere in the house so I went out to look for you!"
He yelled back.

He what?

"But the front door was unlocked"
I spoke a bit quieter.

"Well we must've forgotten to lock it before we went to bed because I didn't leave the house,that's such a dumb thing to do at that time of night!"

He's right. Ugh how did I forget to check the storage room?

It really is my fault we're here. It's all my fault. Everything. This whole mess started because I accused him of working with his dad without finding out the truth first and I let my anger get the better of me.

If I would've kept calm and just asked him to tell me what was going on, he would still have Alex, he wouldn't think he has 'nothing to live for', he wouldn't hate me and we would be at home right now,safe and talking over a way to deal with his dad.

I ruined everything. I've lost his trust and he hates me.

I started to think back to before I heard the bang. That was when his dad broke in for the second time and threatened Zac.

I thought back to when we were cuddling on the couch, and when we went swimming. I thought about the kiss.

I looked over at him and saw him giving me a cold glare.

Thinking of how it was before I lost my temper on that night and thinking of how it is now got too much for me to handle and I burst into tears.

I tried to stop, it was embarrassing but I couldn't. The tears just flowed out.
Zac's expression softened when he saw me.
He didn't say anything though. I don't think he knew what to say.

"I'm s-sorry" I choked out in a sob.

"What for?" He asked, confused.

"E-everythingg! Alex, accusing you of working with your dad,  k-kicking you out, this, EVERYTHING!!" I cried.

He tried to put his arms around me but realised his hands were tied together. He could still move his hands, they just had to be moved together.
He lifted his tied up hands to grab mine and pulled me into a sitting position. I did the same for him and we used our tied feet to shuffle against the wall so we'd have something to lean on.
He then turned to face me and rested his shoulder and head against the wall.

He took my hands in his again and drew circles in my palms in a comforting way.

When I finally managed to stop crying and calm myself,I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry too" he said, barely above a whisper.

"What for?" He hasn't done anything wrong.

"I should have just told you about my dad breaking in again and then none of this would have happened." His voice broke towards the end and I could tell he was on the verge of tears.

"It's not your fault Zac,he threatened you" I sighed.

"But if I would've just told you,none of this would be happening!" He pointed out.

I turned towards him so my shoulder was resting against the wall like his and gave his hands a gentle squeeze.

"But you didn't know that,you were scared" I spoke softly.

He slightly nodded his head and turned so now his back was against the wall but his head was turned, facing me.

I did the same and also kept my head turned towards him.

We just stared at each other for quite some time and before I knew what was happening,I was leaning in and so was he.

He stopped right before our lips touched and looked down at my lips and then into my eyes, silently asking for permission to kiss me.

He's too cute. I smiled and leaned in just a bit further to close the gap.
The feeling I got when our lips touched was so amazing, for a moment I forgot where we were.

It was a short but sweet kiss.

He pulled away with a huge grin on his face, making my smile grow.

He leaned forward again and rested his forehead on mine.

"I really like you" he whispered.

"I really like you too" I whispered back,making him blush slightly.

"Well would you look at that"
Came a deep voice,making us jump apart.