Chapter twenty seven

Saturday finally came. I've never felt more excited for Saturday. This past week has been crazy and I really need a break. Yesterday when Zac came home after spending the day with Alicia, he looked a lot happier and this time took his pills without a fuss.
Today we're just going to relax.

Zac is still sleeping but I don't have to go anywhere today so I'm just going to let him sleep. Lately my feelings for him are getting stronger and I'm really not sure how much longer I can hide them.
I remember the kiss we shared in the pool. It was absolutely magical and I'd give anything to be able to kiss him again. His kiss was soft and sweet.

Today I've been trying to convince myself that I have to tell him how I feel. I'm so scared he won't feel the same but I need to tell him already.

Just then, Zac came downstairs and I went to make some tea. He came to stand next to me and just watched me quietly.
I handed him a mug of tea and took my own, going to sit down. He sat next to me and we sipped our tea in silence.

I really need to tell him how I feel. "How'd you sleep?" I asked, trying to start up a conversation. "Alright I guess."
I took a deep breath. "Zac there's something I need to tell you..." I started. He looked over at me and then looked straight ahead as he took another sip of tea. "What is it?" He asked, seemingly uninterested. Alright I'm just gonna say it. Here goes. "I..um..I-I t-think I um...I think I love you..." I stuttered nervously. Zac choked on his tea. He put his mug down as I watched, alarmed. He managed to stop coughing and looked over at me.
"You what?" He asked, clearly shocked. "Look it's fine if you don't feel the same way, I just couldn't hide how I feel anymore."
The room went silent and I wished I never said anything.
"You know this is wrong" Zac whispered. "I know" I sighed, "but I can't help how I feel" I added.
"Is this a prank?" He asked. "What? No! I'm being serious!"
"Alright, just making sure" and with that his lips crashed against mine. I was so shocked, I just sat there but after my brain registered what was going on, I kissed him back. We both pulled away, completely breathless. "I love you too" he smiled.

A/N:
Sorry it's short and sorry for not updating in a while🙈