00. Prologue

the first year, 1971

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Eleanor Waters often felt incomplete within herself. She grew up with an unusual family dynamic. Her family consisted of her reserved mother, loving father and chaotic twin brother, Jonathan. Her family felt strange to her. She often felt like they were out of place compared to most English families around her.

Without realisation, Eleanor had developed an ability of sorts. She considered it strange. Her ability made doors slam, items float and things break. She felt like Matilda, but Matilda couldn't be real, right? What was even stranger was that her twin brother had the same ability. Just from that you could tell that her childhood was unusual, at the very least. On her eleventh birthday, everything began to make sense. She was a witch, her brother a wizard. On July 14th, Eleanor found out her mother's past life, she was a descendent of a pureblood family, on her mother's side.

With her mother's hidden identity that explained the fragile relationship between Eleanor and Cassiopeia. Eleanor and Jonathan were not muggle-born wizards, but half-blood wizards. Cassiopeia was actually a Black, her brother being Orion Black, esteemed member of the sacred 28. Henry Waters stole their mother's heart and got her deemed as a blood traitor, but the relationship was on the rocks ever since they had children. Who knew where they would be now that magic was back in the relationship thanks to their children.

The summer of 1971 soon descended into a madhouse for the Waters family. Soon after their letter came, they ventured to Diagon Alley to gather their school resources. Now they were preparing to learn a new way in a new school which was located in Scotland. For the first time they would be attending a boarding school. Eleanor would miss her father more than words could explain. This experience would be new for everyone, so much change filled with good and bad. This was just the beginning.

There was only one word to explain September first, chaos. Kings Cross Station was always busy in the muggle world. Arriving at the peak hour of departure was a welcome into crowds of muggle and wizards alike. Eleanor, Jonathan and Henry wore awestruck faces seeing Cassiopeia lead them through a wall. The joys of magic, you could walk through a brick wall. Something that was supposed to be solid.

"Come on, there is no turning back now!" Jonathan was protesting as Eleanor took a few steps back. Not wanting to run into a physical wall like her mother had just done. Don't blame her for not trusting her mother. Eleanor was usually the leader, willing to protect her younger brother. Not this time though, she let Jonathan lead her through the wall. If the trio weren't awestruck enough before, they definitely were afterwards. Jonathan took Eleanor's hand and ran through the bricks to arrive on platform 9 and ¾.

Eleanor's eyes were immediately drawn to the elegant steam train that was waiting for students of all ages to board the train. The beautiful scarlet train was what she would be riding, a wave of realisation washed over her. Eleanor wasn't left in wonder for long as her punctual mother instantly grabbed the twins by their hands dragging them to a clearing as to say goodbye. Eleanor was in a state of heartache knowing this was the time to say goodbye.