03. Potter

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

03. Potter

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

— Eleanor loved being punctual, she was never caught in a rush for time. Most of the time she actually arrived early mainly out of fear. Sher grew up with the value that being late was being lazy. A value that none other than her mother taught her. Something her mother taught her to fear was being late. And so she feared it. So, this Wednesday morning she hadn't only shocked herself when she was not sitting beside remus Lupin by the time that Professor Slughorn had arrived. With the threatening idea of punishment, this morning was not enjoyable for Eleanor. On top of that, her stomach was empty and grumbling for a feeding. There was no time to eat as her feet clattered down the stairs directing to the Potions dungeon. The placement was on the other side of the school from her common room. Struggling to manage the session books as she tried to re-button her shirt that was only one aspect of her overall-messy uniform. A sense of peace finally overtaking her once she slammed the dungeon door closed taking a moment to steady her breaths, completely forgetting that this dramatic action would draw unwanted attention to herself.

"Ah, Miss Waters. How nice of you to finally join us." elanor blushed in embarrassment when she noticed the snickers coming from the back of the classroom, notably her brother's table. The only Gryffindor sat within ten feet of the lot was Lily Evans, James' one and only. With the attention from all areas directed towards her she felt the desire to disappear.

"Well sir... you see... I was in detention until late and I forgot to wake up on time... I misplaced my books, found them and ran here... Now I am holding up your class, I'll just head towards my seat-" HE awkward laugh throughout her words came to a stiff halt when she had noted that her usual seat beside Remus Lupin was taken by Peter Pettigrew. Oh, she would scold him later. Luckily, Professor Slughorn shrugged the issue off with a hearty laugh before continuing to embarrass the girl in front of her peers.

"Seems as though you will be sitting beside James Potter or Jonathan Waters. The choice is yours, but beware that the place you choose will be your seat for the rest of the year. You would have known this fact if you were on time today, Miss Waters." Slughorn took another bash at her lack of punctuality. The beginning of her day was bad, but this set the tone of the day from bad to worse. The day was beginning to change her mind in whether it was even worth coming to class. Eleanor really believes that Merlin himself had a personal vendetta against her on this summer day. There was no doubt about what the better option was. It would be quite difficult to ignore that fact. Eleanor was friends with James Potter, but Godric, all he would talk about was how perfect Lily looked today or be too focused on annoying Sirius to be any help to her Potions work. It took little contemplating though because she would rather be caught dead than sitting near her brother who hated her with every inch of his soul, there was no chance that she would willingly put herself in that situation.

With a roll of her eyes and a huff of hesitation, Eleanor sucked up her personal feelings and headed in the direction of the one and only, James Potter. Seeing his smirk Eleanor pleaded to Godric himself to allow her to evaporate into thin air, never to return. The embarrassment would prove to be too much for the girl to handle.

The first class of the day wasn't even over yet and Eleanor Waters was this close to ditching the ending of her Potions lesson. Eleanor had dealt with enough of the boisterous James Potter to last her a lifetime. Who knew that he would be such a distracting mess. There was no permanent solution, seeming that he would be her Potions partner for the rest of the academic year.

"Vixy, aren't you excited?" James Potter continued to pester her in his usual smug manner. He was currently smirking down at the shorter girl that he was sat beside. His emotions were the complete opposite to Eleanors. James Potter was basically bursting with excitement, no one around him could understand. His class was just put in a brand new seating arrangement one week into their fifth year. Meaning that most were upset from being separated from their best friends. You could spot Sirius pouting from the other side of the classroom. With each word that spilled from James' lips, Eleanor exhaled a grunt followed by the roll of her eyes. Remus usually caught this look and struggled to hold back a snort of laughter.