11| Blessing

11. Blessing

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

      JAMES HAD RESPONDED QUICKLY DESPITE THE TENSION BETWEEN THE PAIR— Eleanor's father was permitted to come. If he chose to do so. Eleanor explained who he would be meeting. Explaining that they have no ties to his former partner, he was on-board with the idea. Since the two of them would make a boring Christmas celebration. Eleanor filled bags with the gifts she had collected over the past week ready for the day she would be spending at the Potter's. In the morning they used the floo network, it was a strange concept to the muggle joining Eleanor, but he trusted his daughter and her magical capability. He was correct as they were easily in the fireplace of the Potter's. On the couch opposite of the fireplace sat Sirius Black. He jumped in surprise not expecting anyone to arrive via the floo network.

      "Sirius-" Eleanor was surprised that he was also early, her father wanted to meet the Potter family before all guests arrived. It was a hint of paranoia eating him away from the inside.

      "Surprise! I escaped my fam-" He was trying to finish the sentence before Eleanor dived on top of him in order to shut up. Whispering in his ear the reason why he must stop. The mention of the Black family could put her father on edge and maybe she would be dragged home the muggle way. No more magic for Eleanor. Her father was suspicious of the swift interaction, but didn't question it either way. Next, Eleanor saw James who was sitting in the next room over, staring out of the front window with a hopeless look on his face. Like he was on some other planet. Eleanor smiled softly greeting him with a quick hello and introducing her father to the boy. James had alerted his parents and they quickly bundled Henry Waters off into the kitchen. Probably to fetch him a drink even though it hadn't hit noon yet.

      "So, James. Who you waiting for?" Eleanor asked, surprising the boy with how close she was beside him. In all honesty. James had Eleanor on his mind and he couldn't decipher why she was running laps in his head. He was trying to block out the thought of her with Lily. SOmeone who was actually coming today.

      "Lily, well. I hope she is coming. Her and Marlene did say they were coming." Eleanor wanted to gag. The thought of LIly wisiting plagued her mind. She tried not to let her sneer show and she just progressed with the conversation as it was Christmas.

      "Does Sirius live with you now?" She said rather loudly so that Sirius could have the chance to respond. Which he did. Blame his dog-likesense when it comes to it.

      "Yeah, I packed my things and left. They would have found me if I went to yours. Angelica said her parents were a no-go. So, James was the best I could muster. Flemmy and Mia basically adopted me." Sirius barked howling with laughter even though it wasn't the slightest bit funny.

      "Is that so, James?" The boy only sighed. Eleanor decided to leave tghe conversation. Knowing that he was too caught up to notice her presence.