06| Spring

06. Spring

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

      THE DAYS WERE QUICKLY FADING INTO WEEKS— Everything seemed to return to as normal as it once was, before the eventful trip to Hogsmead. Eleanor was still a tiny bit shaken from the recent events. The Gryffindor hid her nerves by delving herself into her school work that was piling up. Even dabbling in the recurring Marauder pranks. At this moment, her and Remus Lupin were currently situated in the school library, completing the final sentences of the assigned Defense Against the Dark Arts essays. They were blessed with peace for the majority of the studying session, but their blessings had to draw to a close saoon enough. These blessings were ended by the best and worst distraction in all of Hogwarts. The one and only James Potter and Sirius Black.

      "Oi Padfoot! Here they are." James pointed at the busy duo, his voice thundering throughout the rows of books lining the walls. Obviously ignoring the fact that he was in the school library, a place that prides itself on its quietness. Not even processing that there was a very, very scary librarian by the name of Madame Prince. He didn't fear that Madame Prince would crucify him like the rest of the school.

      "James, shut your mouth." Eleanor hissed, dipping her quill in the pot of ink that lay beside her parchment. The last thing she wanted was to feel the wrath of Madame Prince unleashed upon her. It was a mix of wanting peace and the need for respect and favour from all her teachers.

      "Vixy, that shot right through my heart." James boomed once again. As his arm carelessly slung over her shoulder knocking her occupied hand causing a smudge on her paper.

      "Oi, dickhead. Be careful" Eleanor was seething in anger. It was something that shouldn't have set hjer off as it did. She didn't really understand why such a minor incident set of such rash behaviour. If they were living in a cartoon she was sure that there would be red smoke coming from her ears.

      "Don't get too upset, love." James knew her weak spor. Using pet names brought weakness to her knees. Causing her anger to fizzle out. Eleanor with her already lowered defense tried her hardest to ignore the swarm of butterflies erupting from her stomach. Instead of continuing to knock his ego down a few tiers, she melted into a puddle with blush coating her cheeks. Resulting with one point to James Potter, zero to the crimson girl sat beside him.

      "While Ellie is sorting herself out." A look of offence flashed on her face as Sirius called her obvious embarrassment out.

      "—Prongs and I came to ask why you nerds are still inside? I mean it in the kindest way possible." Sirius smirked as Remus quipped in sassing him back just as hard.